Unstable Yaw

Bruno28

Hello,

when i give fast yaw, the quad just loses a bit of control and moves all over the place.

Like in this video, which is not mine, but same effect

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
So what are you asking? What controller, what gear, what motors, what ESC?

You need to redo your gains by the looks.

Pete

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I have my TBS Discovery working pretty well, just not quite understanding what the OP is asking.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Question I would ask, what size battery including "c" rating? and what are your gains... I hate to say this and sound like a ****, but the more information you give people, the more answers you will receive.

TexxasMike

I had a similar issue that caused an unplanned landing. One of my props was cracked. And until I flexed the prop, the crack was not easy to spot. The only symptom was a very hard to control copter with almost lift capability without 100% up stick.

If you are using a DJI controller, have you reviewed the steps to correct the Toilet Bowl effect (their terms not mine)? the TBE is covered in the Naza Manual appendix.
View attachment 13746

Attachments

• TBE.jpg
    TBE.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 393

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Toilet bowl effect is caused by bad compass/GPS alignment. This is not the case with this unit as it does not appear to have a GPS.

Bruno28

The problem here is that when i give yaw (CW or CCW) the quadcopter has a twitch as if i have given elevator stick at same time (when not given),so it drifts andloses balance.
If i give slow yaw, its perfect, if i give full yaw stick, the quad loses its position and can not rotate exactly on yaw axis.
This is on Att mode (not GPS mode).

My gains are all 135 and for vertical its 200. In manual its hardly noticeable, but in Atti mode its horrible.

Setup:
Its a Steady drone QU4D
naza m v1
Hobbywing Quattro ESC
T-motor
Graupner 11x5
Zippy compact 5000mah 4s 25C

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
I see your issue which is common with people and their tbs discovery frames as well.
tie a string between the motors diagonally. (so tie front right to rear left and front left to rear right). WHere they intersect is where your center of gravity is supposed to be at. SOunds like that big 4s 5000 is weighing they rear and big a pulling your CG to the rear of the quad