Under Carrage and Camera Gimbal for Flame Wheel 450

sj257

Can anyone recommend an under carrage and gimbal camera mount for the Flame Wheel 450?

I'm ideally looking for something light and and better still if it's available in the uk. Oh, and hopefully not too pricey.

sj

Kilby

x468.com has something for sale.

Not the best gimbal in the world, but if you want something on the less expensive side it might fill your needs.

Flamegear1_.jpg

zx12rcarl

remem you only get the camera mount for £55... the landin gear is £20 or theres one for £25
the one for £25 looks a bit better thats why i gone for the £25 landing gear .... and you can drop a big lipo in the
landing gear. just need to get a camera mount now that dont give me the shakes lol and is low cost :)

and made a camera mount out of hips for me 3d camera oh and i got this from ebay
to stop the vibration....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MODEL-BOA...sGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item2319f8ea8f

and put them under the landing gear and them bolt me home made camera mount to them
just got to get out wiv it to see how it gos... itz a work in prog

Last edited by a moderator:

zx12rcarl

say sj257 where in the uk are you .... be kewl to work a low cost way around getting good vibration free video together :)

sj257

Only about 300 miles away down in Cornwall.

I have some reasonable results so far with a fixed camera on a lash up I made.

There are some pics and a link to a couple of you tube vids here http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?2199-Nasa-Flame-Wheel-Surprise!

I made some thin foam rubber washers to help eleminate some vibrations. That said changing gain settings has probably had the biggest impact so far. That and ensuring everything is tight so the camera isn't wobbling on its own.

sj

zx12rcarl

videos look all good... way better than my 1st hard mounts :)
i think ive got my video vibration free now or close to it just need a 2 axis mount... think it was down to my lg 3d phone
i was useing for video. swap to my w3 3d camera and made a mount for it and tryed it tonite and from wat i can tell
it 100% better than any other video ive done... so thats all good :)
now all i need and a nice day with out wind lol

My x468 should b here in a couple more days, if you havent bought anything by then ill post my thoughts, so far from what ive read it seems good for 99 bucks

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

N720HP

My x468 should b here in a couple more days, if you havent bought anything by then ill post my thoughts, so far from what ive read it seems good for 99 bucks

Thanks. I can't decide between the DJI F450 and the F550. What made you select your F450?

Lol a few extra bucks that got me both... 450's built but one motor is shot. Havent flown yet. 550 should b shipping tomorrow thanks John at addicitverc. Ill b putting the gimbal on the 550. Personally i wanted only the 550, but my girlfriend was tired of my rants and got the 450 one night and told me the next day. Stability was the decision for shootin some video for me. Both are my first entry into multi's from my heli past

Last edited by a moderator:

sj257

Will be good to see how that works out.

Looks like it would do the job. I won't be buying anything until next week at the earliest.

sj