Unbelievable ....

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Well, at least the article talks about amateurs which is a good start in delineating users. It would be nice for the press to realise there are three types of users now, pros, hobbyists and consumers of which the consumers are the ones generally causing the problems.

Buzz_Roavr

Yes I took a positive spin from this one to be honest. Well written. It'll be great to see the Airprox Board report on Friday.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
They are covering it too on the front cover of the Sunday Times with a larger article inside. Follows along the same lines. It seems that the press might be taking a slightly more balanced view on things. Im sure it wont take long before the imbalance returns!

econfly

New risks always seem more intolerable than existing risks. The unknown provokes more fear than the known. Innovation is curtailed by irrational perceptions of new and unknown risks. Policy will be driven, as always, not by reason but by pandering to the fearful.

dazzab

In the mean time...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/08/plane-crash-house/20090509/

How many people have multirotors killed so far?
I only know of two and they were both caused by RC Helicopters not multi rotors. What I'd like to know is in the 100 years or so of RC models being flown, how many incidents have there been with full size aircraft? I'm asking because the FAA and CASA claim that they must have a role in regulating RC models for the sake of safety. I know idiots are now flying too close to airports, but that's so easy to fix it's not funny. Even DJI figured that one out. So why all the time/money/frustration about safety issues and holding up everyone who is more than willing to get training, become licensed and properly insure against the unpreventable?