Mikrokopter Un-commanded Yaw Issue ! Someday's Mikrokopters Just Weren't Meant to Fly !

I was wrong in my comment above. Adjusting the PID's was beneficial for the weight and size of the copter but the setting that eliminated my yaw problems was to change the value of "Compass effect" on the Misc tab to zero. If you do this you can not fly waypoints or use CF but it makes yaw performance rock solid. So my batteries and/or wiring probably is causing issues with the compass.

All correct except for one thing, you'll be just fine flying waypoints, you just can't fly POI ;)
I've been doing this with my kopters as well even if they aren't really showing the issue.

anaka

hi people, i'm new in the forum but old with MK

unfortunately i'm experiencing the same problem by some months, in a first moment i was convinced it was coming from the firmware .86 then i moved back to the previous
in the beginning i had the impression that the auto yaw was fixed but after a couple of flights it manifested again
i changed the position of cables, i made good twinsting, i spent time to eliminate all possible mgnetic fieds, moved battery bottom but the problem still happen

in my case i have the sensation that it happens when the battery goes around the 80% of the autonomy, so almost at the beginning of flight, usually i keep control the flight during the auto yaw and in some seconds it goes away and i can fly until the end of the battery

i have different batteryes, hyperion 6500 4s, double hyperion 5400 4s longh pack, turnigy 6000 4s
it happens on all these lipos in the same way

have to say that it happens mainly when i'm hovering, if i fly in some direction it doesent manifest

any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:

anaka, the first thing to try is setting your Compass Effect value to zero in the Misc tab. If that cures the yaw issues you could either leave it that way, try further rearranging your power cables or reposition the NC out on a boom away from the stack.

anaka

thanks seattle_helo, i never considered this option before, i'll try it asap and post my impressions