UK CAA awards Resource UAS Qualified Entity Status

Attachments

• CAA-accredited-RPAS-training-header.jpg
    CAA-accredited-RPAS-training-header.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 221

ZAxis

So it's now BNUC-s(TM) or RPQ-s(TM ???) but will there be real price competition? I have serious doubts on that.

andy

Blacksails

Having looked at it quickly, they're very expensive and require fairly similar flight currency to euroUSC. I went through the BNUC-S and think I'll stick with it.

It does give a different set of training locations to the EuroUSC course though, so that will probably suit a lot of people and save them money on accommodation etc.

Alex
Expert model destroyer and aerial photographer!

So it's now BNUC-s(TM) or RPQ-s(TM ???) but will there be real price competition? I have serious doubts on that.

andy

No its not TM they are happy for anyone else to use the standard. Obviously you would have to become a qualified entity to do that but they don't view trade marking a qualification as a positive thing for the industry. Also sometimes you get what you pay for as well. The question to ask is will the BNUC or this qualification dovetail with the CPL(U) when it comes out and will the CAA grandfather folks in who already have some form of ticket.

I like the online learning before you start the course and then based on that your course is tailored for weaknesses. I also know several of the larger companies will be using Resource UAS now. This has been an open secret for a while now and lots of folks have chatted with me about it and only see it as good. At least both companies will have to keep improving now.