Turn your f550 or 450 into a 600,700,800 plus size

t.rexxer

OK Guys. I give up. Where's the link to the supplier of these boom kits? I tried the Skyrover site, but there's nothing there about the boom kits... A little help?? Please??

northrnflyer

For $390 I think this system is overpriced. Only 1 anchor point on the booms doesn't seem like it would be all that heavy duty or as secure as say a quadframe HL Sixcopter for $200 less. IMO I like the idea of this 550 conversion once there is a 2nd anchor for the booms.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
are those motor mounts Droidworx or a clone of Droidworx? one mounting point seems much less than optimum, IMHO. and, like northrnflyer said, why spend $390 for a frame change when a new frame designed for these loads isn't a whole lot more?

seems odd.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
see posting number 5 re: my opinion on the frame center anchor point...... one reason I chose not to buy this item.

Last edited by a moderator:

jhardway

Its been a while since I have posted something on this thread, but part of that is I have been working on video end of things. Over the past few months, I have been flying but a good part of my spring the weather has not always worked out great.

I know on some of the previous post I have seen people talk about the issue with the lack of support through out the arms coming into the frame area. I agree with them but what I have found even through at times I have seen some of what they have been talking about, until recently I have been very skeptical on the frame.

What I have found, a few things, one is,

I do like the copter and for a setup dealing with NEX type camera system its actually a good fit. The wobble that people worry about in the arms are not an issue, I decided to back down from Graupner prop, what I noticed with them as I got into the 4400 gram range I started getting arm wobbling, I then put a set of APC prop on and even though I was getting better flying result I started to get some wobble again.

Originally I start thinking it was a problem that I could not get around however recently my I re balanced my APC props and even thought what I was doing to get the props in line I felt was way too much. When It flew the copter was great, no issues with arm wobble or out the norm vibration. I now think If I go and properly balance the Graupners I may be able to go back to them.

In fact I was able to up t a sony HDR-CX730 which is about 500g, the copter flew great and you can see the result from the camera (as always the day was not that nice out and the vid is of nothing great just my neighborhood)

I have to say the camera does a good amount of work, however with that said the video is straight out of the camera, and in the beginning notice the wind in the trees. In part you will see some movement but I think that might be more in the gimbal stabilization system.

Over all its a nice copter, great for aerial still photography and for what its worth to get 10 - 11min safe flight off a 6s 5000, I'm happy.

On top of photography if I can get video result like I linked above, I am even more happy.

Last edited by a moderator: