Traveling to Europe with Phantom

I have a friend that has a Phantom with a mounted GoPro and is traveling to Europe next month. He would like me to ask the gurus here if there are any concerns with equipment and frequencies that he has to worry about, or restrictions he needs to be aware of or permissions he has to apply for. As for equipment, it's the stock transmitter for the Phantom, any no video downlink or any other transmitters. He will be traveling to Antwerp, Paris, and London.
Thanks for any information I can pass on to him.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I take it that he is flying just for fun? If he is doing it to make a buck or two its a whole different ball game. If its for fun I don't see there being an issue, certainly not in UK.

Yes, it is just for fun. I figure that just for fun wouldn't be an issue, but just thought I'd check. Anybody know about Antwerp and/or Paris?

mart_v6

If your friend is flying with an FPV-setup he should be aware of the allowed frequencies and transmitting-power.
In most european countries only 2.4 and 5.8 GHz are usable, also with limited TX-power.
2.4 Ghz -> 2.400 - 2.500 GHz (limited to 10mW)
5.8 Ghz -> 5.725 - 5.875 GHz (limited to 25mW)

If your friend is flying with an FPV-setup he should be aware of the allowed frequencies and transmitting-power.
In most european countries only 2.4 and 5.8 GHz are usable, also with limited TX-power.
2.4 Ghz -> 2.400 - 2.500 GHz (limited to 10mW)
5.8 Ghz -> 5.725 - 5.875 GHz (limited to 25mW)
Yeah, I knew there were frequency and power limits that were different in Europe, which is why that was my first question to him. He confirmed he was not going to have any video transmitter, so that's good as well.
Thanks for the feedback!