travel to Chile

dark_star

Have a filming job coming up in Chile. I'm based in DC for now, so travel will be Atlanta and then to Santiago. Any issues with getting batteries out of the country (like Mexico or Qatar)? Any issues getting RF gear or the copters into Chile? any insight appreciated!

cheers!

Booda

Have a filming job coming up in Chile. I'm based in DC for now, so travel will be Atlanta and then to Santiago. Any issues with getting batteries out of the country (like Mexico or Qatar)? Any issues getting RF gear or the copters into Chile? any insight appreciated!

cheers!

Not sure what kind of equipment you'll be taking and what knowledge have already.

Myself I'll be taking phantom 3 pro to Mexico.

100 Watt hrs or less must be on carry bag. If have larger batteries as suggested on podcast, maybe have them shipped to your destination and not have them travel with you.

I'm flying westjet. I have printed out lipo battery restrictions so that I will have information on hand should I be questioned about it.

I myself scared to send drone or camera equipment in checked baggage so I'm going to be fitting as much as I can in my girlfriends carry on (dslr, lenses, gopro etc) and my carry on is DJI backpack.

I am in startup phase of starting travel agent business so I am very interested in this topic and learn everything I can on this topic.

Hope some information gave you is helpful, this is still new subject I think and would love see some more insight on others with more experience

Av8Chuck

Unfortunately the regulations for shipping LiPo's keeps changing so there's no right answer.

I went to Africa in 2011 and took eight 4s-5800MAh batteries in carry on. According to the formula that was the max amount of chemical you could have in each battery.

People are now traveling with 16,000MAh-6S batteries, or bigger. I'm very interested in how they're able to do this.

I recently flew with two Tattoo smart 10,000MAh 6s batteries and was surprised when the you TSA woman referred to the formula to determin if they would allow the batteries through security. She pointed out that the batteries exceeded the acceptable limit. Thinking quickly I pressed the button and the lights showed it was only have charged so it should pass. I doubt we'll get away with that much longer...