Tracking on All my props

PaNt

Hello guys i have the 14x4.7 APC SF and i remove them from my Octo (without haveing problems) in order to check the tracking on the balancer...!

I saw that all the props have tracking from 1mm to 5-7mm max..!

Why is that??

ChrisViperM

I did some blade tracking on the weekend....first I could not figure out why some blades are really out. On the balancer I reallized that fixing the prop with both cone- spikes facing the prop, it might be out of angle. If you turn the cone arround and let the bottom of prop rest on the wide side of the cone, you actually simulate how the prop is sitting on the motor mount (wider surface) and get a more accurate result. The bottom of the prop should be absolutely flat....

View attachment 7380

Chris

Attachments

• prop-balancer-02.jpg
    prop-balancer-02.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 204
Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

Sorry to keep you waiting.....In general a prop which is out of track 7mm is a candidate for the rubbish bin. You can try to remove some material (best with a fine metal file, it has to be perfectly flat since this part is sitting on the prop hub) from the bottom of the prop like in the picture:

The pic. is just to give you an idea....if you look carefully, I actually marked the top of the prop on the pic....

View attachment 7409

Just make sure that the center hole of the prop can accomodate the hub thread since the angle will change. The bottom of the prop has to sit perfectly flat on the hub. After you get this right, you need to balance the prop again...

Hope this helps you....

Chris

Attachments

• prop-balancer-02 (1).jpg
    prop-balancer-02 (1).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 216

PaNt

Sorry to keep you waiting.....In general a prop which is out of track 7mm is a candidate for the rubbish bin. You can try to remove some material (best with a fine metal file, it has to be perfectly flat since this part is sitting on the prop hub) from the bottom of the prop like in the picture:

The pic. is just to give you an idea....if you look carefully, I actually marked the top of the prop on the pic....

View attachment 9610

Just make sure that the center hole of the prop can accomodate the hub thread since the angle will change. The bottom of the prop has to sit perfectly flat on the hub. After you get this right, you need to balance the prop again...

Hope this helps you....

Chris

Hmm i dont like this so much??
Can i do something with heat and hands??

ChrisViperM

Heat and finished plasic products don't go very well together. You would need to know the exact temperature to apply without changing the properties of the plastic, and you would need to apply the heat only on a very small spot (best is close to the center) without deforming the shape of the prop.

I would try the sanding solution since you only need to take very little material off......

Check Post #10 on this site: http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54660

Chris