Torque Screwdriver Recommendations

crayfellow

Hi guys,

I am looking at torque screwdrivers and bits to have greater assurance in getting things correctly balanced. I've got big torque wrenches for working on automobile engines, so it makes sense to have the same precision with the small machines.

What do you think of this torque driver (2.5-11.5 in-lb) and these metric bits (1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 5.5, 6mm for 1/4" drive)? I always find it strange how difficult it is to find bits for small drivers. Any recommendations? Is the 2.5-11.5in-lb range about right?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

That torque screwdriver goes down to 2.5 ft lbs it looks like. One of the reviews said 25in lbs so it's kinda unclear, but either way I would look for something that went down to about 5in lbs. I think recommended torque on an m3 button head screw is more like 12in lbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crayfellow

Yep, the wera is the one I linked to. Is the 2.5-11.5 range sufficient? Do you know of a place in the U.S. that sells the wera tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crayfellow

This seems like a good set and store, I'd just need to track down the smaller bits as well, maybe individually. then just get the torque driver separately.

Pumpkinguy

Yep, the wera is the one I linked to. Is the 2.5-11.5 range sufficient? Do you know of a place in the U.S. that sells the wera tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would get the higher range one because 3mm s the smallest I use and torque should be around 12 in/lbs.

You will find the tips if you google.

crayfellow

ended up with a Wiha (5-10in-lb, so I may get the next one as well). One funny thing is you need an adapter to use 1/4" bits. For the bits I got these. I have nice Bondhus hex drivers but it will be good to have the bits for general use.