Topographic mapping HELP PLEASE

Jake Eidson

I have a client that wants topographic mapping done of a wooded area and they say they normally have planes do it with thermal imaging. I dont know what type of machine i need to get to make this job happen and im on a deadline. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Do i need an inspire with a flir or what

Old Man

I don't want to come off cruel or heartless, but two things assure your failure with the current endeavor. One is lack of product and system knowledge. The other is accepting a project with a rapidly approaching deadline without comprehension of the activity. My best advice is to turn down the job, honestly explaining you don't currently have the capability to execute, and request opportunities when you are better prepared.

Perhaps you wasted the clients time up to this point but they will appreciate their project won't be jeopardized going forward. In doing this you are telling the client their priorities are also your priorities.

violetwolf

Agree. Not only do you have to capture the data, but there's a ton of post processing in 3d modeling programs etc as well. I have 4 years flying semi pro machines and a very extensive background in 3d modeling and I think it would take me at least a few months to come up to speed to tackle something like this. And even then I would hesitate to do it under pressure.

Baby steps.