toolbox and photogrammetry tool

remyd

Is it possible to access the toolbox and photogrammetry tool without powering and connecting to the Wookong? For flight planning it would be nice to be able to use the template etc and create runs without having to connect.
Cheers,
Remy

ChopperBoy

No, you need to make up the connection between the GS and WooKong first in order to activate the "toolbox" and the "photogrammetry" tools.

remyd

thanks i figured that out but it would be nice if they moved this feature so that you could. I guess they like to have a GPS fix on a start point but that cold be overcome by asking you to add one. Anyway means you need to do this on site which is a bit painful.
Cheers,
Remy

ChopperBoy

Actually it doesn't need to be on site, you can just power on the UAV and setup the connection with GS even there is no GPS signal, you can make the flight plan indoor and save it before you go out.

remyd

Anyone know if DJI or other flight planning software can give you a position and altitude based on the extent of an area you want to cover with a single shot? I know the DJI stuff creates a flight plan that will calculate flight lines based on overlap etc but sometime i just want a single shot. I can work it out manually but surely there is a tool where i can outline the area and it will give me a postion to take the shot for a single image covering the area of interest?

pls4air

is anyone familiar with the GS photometry servo setting to trigger the camera? we are using sony nex 7. i can take a picture by clicking trigger and reference photo but it will not take photos automatically in flight. i can click reference photo while we are in flight to take pics but really need it to take pics at the planned times.

srbell

Now with GCS 4.09, you can't even pre plan photogrammetry flights with the system powered up. In simulation mode all the waypoints are scrambled. Not being able to enter simulation is a pain because now if you do a flight plan from a location 10km away it will calc the 10k as part of your flight time. Hopefully they fix this, but being nothing else like useful data logs has been address it's unlikely.

leofuica

Hi again SRBELL, i hope help you:

-You need a IOSD MK2 (no WK file, is similar but don´t use it) updated IOSD MK2 to the last FW for use a file to export, only if you really take a pics in REAL or SIMULATED MISSION
-Taked pics with WK and GP servo action ON in control of the camera, every pic is a ONE ACTION in GPSexporter.
-You need update GS to the last version
-You need a GPSexporter 1.2 version, the last version
-You need a 5,26 Wookong Firmware

Only with all of this steps you can export a usable -txt file (with GPS EXPORTER) with a info like that IF YOU FLY REALLY WITH A REAL MISSION AND TAKE PIC WITH WK:
1 1 -70.5445244154 -33.4314905051 751.9216918945 -8.2350430486 3.7321304150 -43.1582699601

The first number or column is a number of action or pic
The second if is a 1= pics taked with WK if 3= pics taked with REFERENCE PHOTO or TRIGGER in GENERAL PURPOSE SERVO ACTION CONFIG.
The third is latitude
The fourth is longitud
The fifthis altitude
The sixth, seventh and eight is actitude(pitch, roll and yaw)

The config GP servo action (in WK is F! port) for Nex 5N or 6 or 7 via infrared
Natural Servo position: -500
Action step 1: 500 Stay time: 0
Action step 2: 1000 Stay time: 0
Action step 3: 500 Stay time: 0
Set and probe it with Trigger

First connect the data link at the least 7 meters away from you.
Second config the PHOTOGRAMMETRIC TOOL, insert all data in white windows (alls of them with out exeption)
Click to draw a region with you want to scan
Preview the result and if you satisfaction with this, GENERATE
Before this you can probe the REFERENCE PHOTO and see if take it, a pic every 2 seconds is normal
Generate and edit the mission, altitude, speed, etc etc

Before you can fly the mission in SIMULATED MODE and probe, again severals times since you can fly the first mission.
Is not easy, but with hard work you can made it.

Actually i fly severals times and the results is very accuracy, but not VERY VERY ACCURACY.

Note:
Each pic taked genered a one file secuencial....
I read all DJI`s manual and this info dosn´t exist...is funy but cruel at the same time...
Enjoy

pls4air

srbell-- i havent upgraded our GS to the latest version yet. Does the photogrammetry still work in simulator mode? I have been hesitant to upgrade bc the last time we did it didnt help us but rather limit us.

pls4air

leofuica - thank you!!! I am going to do some testing this weekend. Geo tagging is our last step. Which is crucial to what we are trying to do. We received an email from a DJI engineer this week, this is what he had to say;

The setting is not right. Just focus on Netral Servo position and Step 1. Set stay time for step one as 1 second. Adjust the value of neutral and step 1 servo, till your camera take picture in real life by clicking Trigger. After that, click Set.

Make this happen first, then I tell you next step.

We had our setting very similar to yours.

I will keep everyone posted.

srbell - what kind of data logger are you using? We are needing something that can sync pictures about every 2-5 sec.

leofuica

srbell-- i havent upgraded our GS to the latest version yet. Does the photogrammetry still work in simulator mode? I have been hesitant to upgrade bc the last time we did it didnt help us but rather limit us.

Please download and read GS manual....

leofuica

leofuica - thank you!!! I am going to do some testing this weekend. Geo tagging is our last step. Which is crucial to what we are trying to do. We received an email from a DJI engineer this week, this is what he had to say;

The setting is not right. Just focus on Netral Servo position and Step 1. Set stay time for step one as 1 second. Adjust the value of neutral and step 1 servo, till your camera take picture in real life by clicking Trigger. After that, click Set.

Make this happen first, then I tell you next step.

We had our setting very similar to yours.

I will keep everyone posted.

srbell - what kind of data logger are you using? We are needing something that can sync pictures about every 2-5 sec.

pls4air....

settiings are different in any case and any camera, if work is ok, no matthers wich have.
if you have iosd automaticly geotag any pics taked through GS with gps exporter.

FPVer

Hello,

I have a question,

I would like to use the Photogrammetry tool in connection with a Wookong.
Configuration is Octocopter F1 and F2 are not free!

Can I then use the Photogrammetry ??
Is there a channel dodging?

Can the DJI A2 in Octo configuration Photogrammetry?

Thank you!

srbell

Option

You'll have to set you camera to snap images on an interval timer and use a data logger. DJI dropped the photogrammetry ball and there's no chance of them doing anything about it. Anyhow, a octo really isn't the best choice for mapping. We're still using a WooKong on a very large quad for mapping. But we're switching over to Pixhawks. For mapping DJI is a dead end unfortunately. If you look at the Mission Planner, the photogrammetry tools are pretty good with photo geotagging all built in to the MP software. Any a PH with radio is about $300!

Hello,

I have a question,

I would like to use the Photogrammetry tool in connection with a Wookong.
Configuration is Octocopter F1 and F2 are not free!

Can I then use the Photogrammetry ??
Is there a channel dodging?

Can the DJI A2 in Octo configuration Photogrammetry?

Thank you!