Tiger 900kv on f550

Pete80

I just installed some tiger mt2216 900kv motors on an f550 with 10x4.7sf apc props... 5500 4s battery, bare copter...I noticed that the motors are getting warm just from hovering and was wondering if this was normal for those who have tried this setup...

Thanks, Pete

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Pete80

Hi Tom,

I am using hobbyking f30a esc's flashed with simonk and a dji naza.

Thanks!

Tomstoy2

If you have any 3s, just for grins, try them and check temps. Might be a good idea to shoot a temp reading with 4s and 3s, too. Those little cheap temp meters work really well.
I run 8 inch props on mine. Temps are around 90 degrees F. on an adverage. I can see them running hotter if I ran 10 inch props, but have found that 10 inch is really too much prop for my Hexa, and I'm pulling a lot of weight.

Pete80

Thanks Tom, I will get some temps and see how they look with 3s and 4s.

Thanks, Pete

Kari

Pete,

I have F550 with aka Torxpower (T-motor MT) 2216 800KV and simonk flashed Maytech 30A escs with Zippy 4s 5800mAh. After 15 mins flight with fast climbs and rough fast flying motors or esc:s are hardly warm. I measured it hovers with 17-20 Amps and fast climbs takes 35-45 Amps peaks, but only for second or two. Sounds like only thing i have different is props, i'm using 9X5 Graupners.

Kari

Pete80

Thanks Kari,

I am starting to think it might be over proped maybe, I really need to do some more testing but unfortunately I am working 12 hour days for the next 2 weeks.... I will try to sneak out for a flight tonight and get some numbers... :)

Pete

palkox

Hi

I have similar problems with my new Torxpower 2216 920kv on my DJI F550.

I took off the stock DJI 2212 motors but left the DJI 30A escs on as they should have plenty of headroom for these motors! I use zippy 4S 8000mah 30c and 10x5 graupner props.

I should mention that this Hexa did very well on the stock DJI 2212 motors and S4 lipo and 10" graupner.

I have DJI Wookong and AG550 gimbal from Goodrum , total weight of 3.5-3.6 kgs, I had flight times of 10min and flying stable and nice. But since the weight is way beyond what DJI recommends for this machine, I thought it would be a nice upgrade with new motors! More power, more safe! And after some research it was clear that the 2216 920kv was recommended by many!

But just did my first test with these new motors - and first of all I thought these would run on 3S - but at 80% throttle still on ground. So I stopped there and went back to 4S.

So during first flight it felt like unstable throttle. It hovers at just above 50% throttle - but seems unstable when I move the throttle stick its almost like its a bit slow then suddenly I get a lot of power. Could this have anything to do with my gain settings of 150%? Should I change these when I upgrade to more powerful motors?

Maybe the combination of 2216 920kv and the DJI 30A escs are bad. Or maybe I should try 9 inch graupner props instead of 10...?

ryan_m

Pete has the 900kv version, which I think might be more suited to 3s, while those flying 4s seem to have the 800kv version. I think the 900kv version on 4s with 8" props would work, or maybe even 9" props, but ideally the 800kv version would be better. I just realized I bought the 900kv ones though, and I was planning for a 4s setup. Already bought 85 bucks worth of 10x5" graupner props too. Grrrr...
Guess I'll be going 3s after all.