Three red flashes only in GPS mode...

janoots2

Puzzled by this....
Powered up and got no red flashes with consistent purple GPS and consistent yellow attitude modes verifying full GPS lock. After about a minute in GPS mode, it goes to three very fast red flashes, but only in GPS mode... If I switch back to attitude, all yellow and no red...

I still decided to fly.
Flew fine in GPS mode and held position rock solid as if nothing was wrong for multiple flights, but red flashes remained.

Why the three red flashes and NO purple at all?

Signal is fine, transmitter is on, flys perfect...
I don't use DJI voltage settings...
Running 5.16 FW

Thought it might have to do with the compass, so tried to recalibrate, and led wouldn't turn blue, but I could tell it entered calibration mode because the flashing stopped. Still spun it around, the colors changed and calibration was successful...

I've been flying WKM's for almost two years and own two, and never had this problem...
Can't seem to diagnose it in the manual either other than 'GPS Status is bad' under the poi section.

Last edited by a moderator:

janoots2

After more testing, I'm chalking this up to poor satellite reception as I was shooting next to some mountains. Even though I have shot on the same area numerous times before without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2