Thoughts on Alware Shinrigan GP-45 Gimbal?

muxzie

Mine just arrived:nevreness:. I have attached it to a DJI F550 with NAZA and GPS. Everything stock. The gimbal appears to be good quality and the build was quite easy. The instructions could us a bit of work to make them easer. I just did first flight and video was OK. http://youtu.be/gaPvATegDz0 this was shot on a GoPro Silver - 720p 60fps - totally raw upload. I am having issues with the gimbal shaking a bit and when I tilt down it appears to become worse. I think the video was better when I had camera hard mounted (props are balanced). The gimbal does shake a bit if you let it sit on the ground for a min or two so I think I need to figure out what is causing it. you can hear the motors from the GP-45 hum at the end with the rotors stopped. I am still very hopeful that it will give me great video!

muxzie

update - swapped motors around and re-adjusted the CG - LOVE IT! I am very happy with it and it works great. I will post a video in a few days as it has been too WINDY to fly here.

muxzie

I would check the CG - the camera should balance with the power off in both axis. I swapped my motors around and it helped me. When it is looking forward it works great but I still get shake when I use the manual tilt from the controller.

muxzie

I am still having issues with shakes when it is tilted down - trying to work with John Alware to resolve. So far no luck in solving that issue. Hifidiaries did you fix your issue?