This really works

38super

I just bought a Phantom 2 with Z gimbal...This is my 6th quad/ hexa copter..... Yes I am addicted I have the 3H3d gimbal and was giving it it's first run. This was a bright sunny mid day flight. I noticed quite a bit of jello effect on the go pro 3 after the flight. I tried every dampener but got same results In some shots it was very wavy. I remembered a post that said in really bright sun put a ND filter on . I checked through my old camera stuff and found a set of ND filters from my old Nikon 990. They were a little large but with the help of some black tape I managed to get them on somewhat messy but functional. I chose a #4 .I also countered the extra weight with a dime as I remember from the post . Took it up and I must say it made a world of difference . Not only was there no jello effect but the clouds ..... big storm clouds way off in the distance came in nice and sharp. I'm not sure why this would get rid of the jello effect ...maybe someone could explain this to me how this would help with this problem. Now I just have to find a way to attach them not using black tape

FlyGirl

I just bought a Phantom 2 with Z gimbal...This is my 6th quad/ hexa copter..... Yes I am addicted I have the 3H3d gimbal and was giving it it's first run. This was a bright sunny mid day flight. I noticed quite a bit of jello effect on the go pro 3 after the flight. I tried every dampener but got same results In some shots it was very wavy. I remembered a post that said in really bright sun put a ND filter on . I checked through my old camera stuff and found a set of ND filters from my old Nikon 990. They were a little large but with the help of some black tape I managed to get them on somewhat messy but functional. I chose a #4 .I also countered the extra weight with a dime as I remember from the post . Took it up and I must say it made a world of difference . Not only was there no jello effect but the clouds ..... big storm clouds way off in the distance came in nice and sharp. I'm not sure why this would get rid of the jello effect ...maybe someone could explain this to me how this would help with this problem. Now I just have to find a way to attach them not using black tape

This explains it pretty well... I was wondering why too... Thanks for making me look!

Last edited by a moderator:

fdproductions

FD Productions
Last edited by a moderator:

FlyGirl

Haha!! Nope, not my Phantom... Besides, my MR's don't float, they sink. I had to go swimming for my 450 back in July. Thankfully it was just in 5 feet of water. :)

I like that shade...! Thanks!
(PS I went to your site for a peek... You do nice work!)

fdproductions

FD Productions
thank you for the compliment, lets fly next time you to come to los angeles if you'd like I know some really pretty places :)