Third Axis Motor Power Question with Alex Moss

jhardway

I am in the middle of testing out a larger brushless gimbal using a alex moss 8bit controller, to hold a mark3 5d and have a question I am tying to figure out. In a hand hold situation the unit works great with no issues at all and once I have it in the air it also works pretty well.

Where I am having my issue is as I am getting up to the mid to upper speeds I believe the turbulence coming off the prop is causing the mount to loose its hold. I figure the reason this is happening is I'm just missing on the strength needed off the motor to make it stay.

The yaw motor I have is a GBM5208/ 200T / 15.0ohms, and I have the power settings turned all the way up in the controller software, and I am using a 3s battery

I am wondering two things, one is if I go to a 4s battery, what is the chance I will get enough strength to get it to work properly, and my other question is that I do not know too much about motors in general but is there another motor in the same 5208 range that would give me better power.

I look forward in hearing from any on the topic.

thanks Jack