The UK Drone Show 2015 Round Up

JAB1a

Hi All,
The UK Drone Show 2015 covered all aspects of the drone industry and one of the largest drone events for consumers to ever happen in the UK. It took place at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham on the 5th and the 6th of December 2015. http://www.ukdroneshow.com/

Leading up to the Show in December at the NEC a few of us got the chance to have a fly about and test the signal of our FPV gear inside the halls before the main event.

Here I am flying the Fossil Stuff Gravity 280 which was part of a prize I won at the recent British FPV Nationals. Its a very well designed and sturdy frame that has the advantage of a very clean surface on the bottom meaning the hall floors were the perfect area to test some slides.

This is probably the only time I have intentionally tried to hit the ground while flying (apart from landing of course lol) and it was great fun but needs more practise to make it smooth ;)

The next video begins with a staged race between myself and MarkG_R1 for a BBC camera man to get some consistent close proximity shots of the quads in formation going round the track. At the end of the day a few of us decided to go anti-clockwise round the track after doing 100+laps the other way, this was great fun and lead to some great racing against TheTonStar1.

The next video was not a race, it was a game of pure survival. Due to the electrics in the floor and other exhibitors using the Fatshark channels (when they shouldn't be) we had terrible FPV reception during the day, some pilots had much better views on other channels or frequency sets like Boscam. I was flying in "keep it in the air" mode and had great fun and a good challenge.

Such a fun event with so much to see and do, there was all the big names of FPV in the UK in attendance along with some of the top pilots in Europe like MetallDanny who I got to race against all day as he was in my heats.

This amazing course was setup by the awesome chaps at HoverSpeed RC, the BFG obstacle in the middle of the track added so much enjoyment and took the track to another level along with the tunnels and flags, check out their site:
www.HoverSpeedRC.co.uk/

FPV footage was captured using Fatshark Dominator HD V2's purchased with confidence from FirstPersonView, Awesome service and such a friendly company to deal with, check out their site:
www.FirstPersonView.co.uk

Area21

Area21
Great reporting. I was there on the Saturday and enjoyed the event. (even bought my wife a Parrot Mini drone) keeps her included.