The new toy

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Just got her all setup and working great... upgrade from a 450 and already have plans on extended arms, lower KV motors and 12" props. Possible WKM in the future too... here is a picture of it in flight.

IMG_4547_zps1ad3c15e.jpg

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Wow cool, how does she fly compared to the 450??

The 450 seems a little more responsive, but I don't think I have it dialed in just right at the moment. It certainly has more power, but I need to upgrade my batteries, right now I am using 2 2650 3s 25-50c Lipos, I want to move them to 4s 4000 mAh. As of now, with the two batteries in parallel, I am seeing 14 minutes flight time, but the batteries are pretty warm with 70% used on the batteries. I do not like to get them warm, we all know what happens when that happens.... lol

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Finally, today I got the balls to switch on my fail-safe whilst in GPS mode. It did just what the thing was supposed to do, climbed to 60' or there about, waited a few seconds and headed back to its home position. Hovered for about 15 seconds and landed.... Scared the crap out of me but when you see it doing its thing and you're wondering if it will fly off, fly into a tree, shoot straight up in the air... it gets kinda scary.

I have a fail-safe switch next to my mode switch, just in case things get hairy, I can move it out of fail-safe and disengage RTH. Did not have to use it, so the panic is over.