testing while holding craft on ground

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
yuri,
none of the fc's are any good close to the ground. they don't process ground effect effects and the flip is common. to really understand if you have a problem or not you either need an elaborate test stand like Droider suggested or you just need to goose the throttle and get it a few feet off the ground to see what it does.
funny video.
bart

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I know what it feels like to have ground effect and to have smooth flight above 3'. There is clearly something wrong. Yaw doesnt really make sense. The unit should not initially push that hard in any direction at all. On the previous craft, if i just gave it gas it would lift pretty straight. When I give it enough throttle that it is just barely on the ground I should be able to see some feedback from my cyclic and I dont. I do hear an attempt but that right motor just stops spinning.

I would look in your radio maybe for some weird mixing going on with throttle and ?, this really sounds like my weird problems when i was builing my octo, My problem was simply a bad software glitch and i just reloaded a different firmware yuri try 1.22 or 1.31. i cant get any of the new firmwares to work with my stuff.. It made no sense at all when it was doing rudder for me and then it corrected itself as soon as i reinstalled FC and AHRS.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Are you saying to revert back? Why would they release 1.32 and then 1.33 if neither of them worked? but I am open to trying anything at this point. Thanks for the tip.

yeah itried to use the newer ones but they dont seem to work with my computer or something. they just say timeout etc.. so i just use 1.31 was on 1.22 for a while. yeah it really seems like its doing some random a%^ Sh%^ that noone could explain. Same as me. try it. make sure you disconect the ahrs from the FC when you do the downgrade.
hope this helps.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1507768

took this today
fallcolors.jpg

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
well, i guess that the good part is that it is pretty consistently crashing to the right. I wish i understood the mixer better. I dont really understand why some ESC's are 100,0 or -100. Logically speaking, without knowing anything here, I would assume that they should alternate between 100 and -100. It's the only thing that looks odd on the flight tools. I am using the pre configured hexa so i would assume that should be good enough to get me off the ground.