Ten thousand dollar question... Cinestar 8 vs DW SJ 8

3dheliguy

Hi all I'm at a long and exhausting road to no where... I'm familiar with setups for electronics, and I have come
The conclusion that I will be running the DJI FC due to there support and ease of setup, and low maintenance.

I'm a accomplished pilot. I fly 3D helis acrobatically 1 foot from the ground, and enjoy every second of it. I have been asked recently to shot fashion and errotica for pro photographers, and landscapers, I love models and
Beautiful girls so of course I said I would take there there cards. I would love to just do some nice shooting nothin super professional as these guysndo all there own editing.

Also I know what you guys are going to say, U cant shoot models like that, so before that question is asked, I want to clarify that these shots are all in the wilderness, far removed removed from PPL, I mean the girls are naked you cant just to the park and do this. But what I think these guys are looking for is very Panoramic Video clips through the tree lines to add to the mix in there Video subjec. O also I build all my helis from kit form, so Multis are a breeze, it's so relaxing flying a quad multi vs SAB a Goblin 700... He he. Love them both.

like to carry 7D and up.

So anyways I see tons of videos of some smooth flying and hovering, but I would like to take it a step in a different direction.

So I'm asking the Question geared to guys flying these rigs. Witch of these two is a bit more acrobatic? I'm not saying flips I'm just saying interms of how these airframes feel in flight? And know they don't all feel the same even with the same setups for some of you.

I have flown many helis in all different sizes with the same motors, and exact same electronics, and in same classes to. So I understand quite a bit about how they differ, as arrow dynamics, Weight, CG, machining, craftsmanship

So what I'm asking you all is between these two models witch one moves through the air more gracefully, how do these models respond in wind differently, and witch one feels lighter in the air? These are more Aero dynamics question not electronics, electronics are electronics, a good pilot can make most decent FCs look amazing, and amazing FC look godly.

So like I said let me know how you liked these models from a feeling stand point? How does it handle, does it feel nimble, does it cut threw the wind good moving fast, does it actually fly fast and smooth, does feel light in the air?

Thanks all, sorry opening a can of worms, I just can't find a thread that talks about the actual flying characteristics. At some point we can poor over the data, and research, but we have already done that. These are the 2 top frames on the market, and I want one. So guide me in the right direction!

frame wise they probably fly similar. The can of worms comes when u choose components. Huge can lol. I had an AD6 and it was great

3dheliguy

Yeah, pretty solid on my Electronics. Just more interested what you guys actually like to fly. Like this... I love to fly my 700s because they fly more stable. I would rather fly a logo versus a Align because I'm more comfortable with it. It's all a matter of preference, after a while you find that people like one over the other because the frame is built better less vibs through the frame, more
Stability do to distance between motors, but these are the things that end user finds out and prefers. So thats what I'm looking for.

I thank you for input. All these frames from these two companies are going to be good, but I'm just looking for that little bit of user input that helps me to understand what I need from these frames.

Negative on the cine or skyjib, but if i do it again. And i will lol ill be going cinestar. Youll get the answers its a great forum

DKTek

I have the SJ8 and it's more rigid in design. The new center section is overkill but I tend to like that design concept. Especially with the electronics buried under the roll cage. It's also slightly heavier which may result in more stability in wind. It feels like a truck which is fine for shooting video.