Telemetry module

Y0urDaddy

For my transmitter I am currently using a Spektrum DX6. I had pretty good luck with Spektrum transmitters with my cars and it seemed to be reasonably priced for the model that came with the receiver. As I am sure folks know the DX6 is a telemetry capable radio, I just don't have a telemetry module at this time.

I have found the folks here have given a lot of helpful advice so I thought I may ask if there were any recommendations. The local hobby store I go to tends to push/carry one brand of each type of thing, transmitters they have Spektrum, batteries they have Pulse, ect.

I was just looking for some suggestions. Before I take my quad out for any real flights I would like to have telemetry working.

Thanks....

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
For basic flying you do not need telemetry, just set a timer on your radio and land once it goes off.

Pete

Y0urDaddy

Hey Pete...

Telemetry is likely not too useful for how I am flying right now. Since I live in the desert I do plan to take the quad out at some point to try my hand at photography whit it. Then I plan to take it fairly high and I would like to know when I get close to the US limit. This is still a plan for down the road, I have not really researched too much in the way of camera set up & I have only just started to think of landing gear for it.

I would like to get a telemetry module working and get a handle on that before moving on to cameras and such. I have toyed with the idea of building a totally separate F450 for photo/video stuff but I am not too sure I can sell my wife on why I need two quads at this time.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I would concentrate on learning how to fly for now, most of my machines have telemetry of some sort, mostly just voltage and power consumed but I have timers set for every single one of them.

My favorite telemetry setup at the moment is the TBS Core Pro, on some I just use the basics with no GPS, on others I have the GPS as well just for the fun mostly, nice to see how fast you can god, max so far with my Disco Pro is over 72mph.

FlyGirl

I would concentrate on learning how to fly for now, most of my machines have telemetry of some sort, mostly just voltage and power consumed but I have timers set for every single one of them.

My favorite telemetry setup at the moment is the TBS Core Pro, on some I just use the basics with no GPS, on others I have the GPS as well just for the fun mostly, nice to see how fast you can god, max so far with my Disco Pro is over 72mph.

72!!! Wow! I thought mine was fast at 47 to 50.... LOL!!

Agree with Pete (as usual!) in that setting a timer, as crude as it is, is a great way to keep from overflying the battery. I have telemetry on both my 450 and my Y6 but the idiotic pilot here has a tendency to be looking at the pretty sights and forgetting about the numbers on the screen. :nevreness: