Tarot T810

mediaguru

I should be more clear with my question. I was using an EC5 connector coming from my power distribution board. The wear and tear of plugging and unplugging eventually took its toll and one of the EC5 solder points came loose, fortunately not in flight but when removing a battery. So I'm wondering about a more solid plug which can attach to the body of the bird, rather than just power leads with an EC5 connector. Perhaps using the hub the T960 came with: http://www.tarot-rc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_90&products_id=944

farmerfred

have you ever used xt60 connectors? They are very secure and solid... I think its best to not attach to the body because they are a tight fit and you need to wiggle them to remove... Because they are shorter too than the EC5s they are stronger and hopefully wont give up at the solder joints so fast.

mediaguru

have you ever used xt60 connectors? They are very secure and solid... I think its best to not attach to the body because they are a tight fit and you need to wiggle them to remove... Because they are shorter too than the EC5s they are stronger and hopefully wont give up at the solder joints so fast.

I decided this time to stay with the EC5 and give the leads more slack so the pressure point is not right where they attach to the connector. I looked at the Tartot option I mentioned above but it is too small. I use XT60 on my smaller bird, but they're not rated for as high an amperage as EC5's are.