Tarot IronMan 1000

DennyR

I would like to see some brushless motors driving a Tarot Gimbal instead of the servos but keeping the belt drive.

kemmy

This is the first video coming off my copter, its nothing special but its more about showing its stability with with everything up and running, (gimbal controlled by a second). Also the first time as a 2 man operation.

So the setup is a complete tarot working system, to say the frame is tarot, gimbal is Tarot, Tarot Vibration reduction, and the stabilization is Tarot. In the video you will see some sloppyness but that has everything to do with us learning to work with the gimbal (especially in the beginning of the vid), I think the more important thing to notice how there's not much vibration, the video....]

Great vid mate :) I'm also building a very similar setup. How did you manage the gimbal and anti vibe plate mounting ? Because of all the cables I had to use some longer screws to open space between. Great vid btw, hope mine will end up the same ;)

This is what I was talking about when I said opening more space.

View attachment 12129View attachment 12128

Attachments

• IMG_20130602_131323.jpg
    IMG_20130602_131323.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_20130602_131305.jpg
    IMG_20130602_131305.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 366

jhardway

Here is another test result of my Tarot copter second flight with full gimbal system operating.

There is some post production only with exposure becuase the lighting went to heck right as I was lifting off. Stability is not perfect however I was happy with the result.

The video has not post production stabilization involved.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

nnevonyjr

nnevonyjr
Hello,
I'm from Porto Velho - Rondônia - Brazil and working with georeferencing processed.
We want to work with aerial imagery and thought in Taro Irom Man 1000.
Someone could help us that all parts necessary for imaging with Cannon 5D.
Work with Aerophotogrametry think of small towns. It is possible with unmanned flight?

Thank You

jhardway

Tarot 1000 with Tarot Gimbal in windy conditions, raw out of the camera vid. There is nothing special about the vid, but if you watch the leaves on the trees it will give you a good indication of how windy it is and how well it worked out.

Last edited by a moderator: