Tarot 690 Hexacopter fully built with gimbal, OSD, Naza and extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lag1791

I recently completed this build. I am a mechanical engineer and realize I enjoy building these copters more than flying them so I decided to sell this one and build more. Here is a parts list:
1. Tarot 690mm carbon Fiber frame
2. Tarot Gopro Hero3 2 axis gimbal
3. Naza V1 flight controller w/GPS (tuned)
4. Quadframe 215mm landing legs with upgraded 10mm real carbon fiber tubes to replace the 2 long alum ones
5. Motors are SunnySky 3508 700kv motors qty6
6. ESC’s are IPeaka 30a qty6
7. Props are new APC 12x4.5 MR series (qty9)
8. OSD is Skylark Trace IV that is modified, more info on that later
9. FPV Camera 600TVL Sony Super HAD w/osd board for setup and metal case (2.8mm lens)
10. Video switch – in order to switch video to FPV camera or Gopro/gimbal feed
11. ImmersionRC 600mw 5.8ghz Tx
12. 12v step down regulator (steps down the 4s to a stable 12v) This runs the Gimbal.

Some details:
I have test flown this unit several times to setup the Flight controller and Gimbal. The Gimbal includes the USB plug that charges the Gopro from the Skylark OSD output of 5v. OSD can handle up to 2 amps of load so it is not an issue except less flight time. I usually have the Gopro battery charged before use but it is nice feature to have if you forget to charge it. There is a video remote switch that you can switch between the Gopro stabilized feed and the FPV camera that is mounted. The Gopro gimbal is setup to use a knob on your radio to tilt straight down 90 degrees or pan up 20 degrees. I made a custom mount so that with a small tilt of the Gopro there are zero props in the recording.
The ODS is overlay over both feeds but since each camera is feeding a different resolution the OSD is stretched on one of the feeds. The easy solution is to press the reset on the OSD and the information overlay is displayed perfectly on both feeds. Unfortunately the skylark reset is this little tiny mico switch on the circuit board that is not accessible. What I did was de-solder the switch and mounted a larger one on the bottom of the custom plate I made. This makes it very easy to press the OSD reset every time you plug in the batteries.

Speaking of batteries, I was running two 4000mah 4s Nanotechs in parallel (I can include the parallel cable if you need it). I got aprox 13.5 min of flight time using 6500mah out of the 8000. My recommendation would be get a slightly larger capacity battery like the 5100mah 4s that RMRC sells.
Also, I custom made all the cable either out of usb wire or firewire. Both have excellent shielding that I soldered and are grounded to prevent video interference. I also have the OSD and video switch copper tape shielded between layers of shrink tubing.
I will include a schematic of the FPV wiring.
Please ask any questions personal or informational that are needed. If interested I would be able to give support or information through email or over the phone.
The unit comes as is and has a small minor bend in the top plate due to bad shipping from china. The plate itself costs $20 to replace but it is so minor I forgot about after my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] flight. The GoPro and Radio Rx are not included. You will need at least an 8channel Rx to be able to use all the features of Naza (IOC, Failsafe) and remote tilt of the gimbal.

I specialize in attention to detail and I put a lot of work into part placement and ascetics. I'm asking $1800 plus shipping.
View attachment 14590View attachment 14591View attachment 14592View attachment 14593View attachment 14594View attachment 14595View attachment 14596View attachment 14597View attachment 14598

Attachments

• 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 441
  • 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 389
  • 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 487
  • 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 401
  • 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 424
  • 116.jpg
    116.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 324
  • 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 465
  • 118.jpg
    118.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 472
  • 119.jpg
    119.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 493

mcates

Very nice. I do not see a monitor listed and what transmitter system did you use with it. I would like to keep it simple.

Can you do paypal?

lag1791

Video transmission is by a 600mw transmitter
5.8ghz frequency

Brand is immersonRc you would need a 5.8ghz receiver that is compatible with the Immersion RC channels

I would highly recommend the ImmersionRC Uno

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.