Taranis x9d and naza

meng

I am trying to use the Taranis x9d on a phantom. I have set up the transmitter according to posts on this forum and the taranis manual and have bound to the receiver. The problem is that the assistant software does not see it. The sticks have no effect. Can someone please help me?

rilot

How are you connecting the X8R to the Naza? Via S-Bus or Traditional? Have you set the Naza to the correct receiver type? Are you certain the X8R is bound correctly (do you get an RSSI figure on the Taranis)?

meng

Traditional connections, I think it is D bus but I have tried all three, I believe it is bound the green light is on and when I turn off the transmitter it goes red. Where do I look for the RSSI?

rilot

If it's connected via traditional (a connection for each control surface), make sure that the Naza is also set to traditional in the RC tab.
I would recommend that you use S-Bus though. It's more robust and the Naza handles it just fine.

You see the RSSI in the telemetry screen of your Taranis but it sounds like it's bound from the colour of the lights.

Double check all of your Taranis settings. If the connections from the X8R to the Naza are correct then it's going to be a setup issue.

meng

Well I did not have it set to traditional but I have changed it now and still have nothing. I dont really understand s bus does it connect between the 8xr and naza?
Thanks very much for the info.

rilot

S-Bus is a method of having lots of channels all down one wire. Makes for a much tidier installation. It connects between the port that is below the main ports on the X8R and the Naza X2 port.

meng

Ok I am getting somewhere now I have movement in Assistant. I figured the sbus thing out.
Thanks much.
I will probably be back asking questions though