SynDrones X8 Heavy Lift Build

Is anybody flying the MK electronics with the MK ESC? I was testing the Double Quadro XL esc from them. I see the Birdseye copter is using Herkules ESCs. Steve are you flying MK ESCs?

Maybe the problems come from the ESC. On our ESC one board had a broken shunt initially when shipped but was repaired by MK.

Thanks,

Robert

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
Yes, I'm MK top to bottom. But I'm flying a lot lighter than @BirdsEyeProd. My machine is 11-12kg with a MōVI M5 and GH4. Josh is flying much heavier and the MK ESCs (or BLs as they call them) don't have quite enough overhead to handle bigger machines.

I have considered moving to the individual MK BLs and the mini distro board because of the issue of a monolithic power distro board with all 8 ESCs integrated. Granted, the "Double XL Cool" board is technically two independent 4-BL boards but I'd still prefer discrete components. Based on the evidence I've observed and my own experience with the 2.0 board, the copter will survive the loss of one BL or motor/prop, but of course once you land, you're done. I'd really like to be able to field-replace a single BL ($200 +/-) as opposed to an entire PDB ($1,000+). However, the additional wiring required to make 8 BLs work would introduce many more potential points of failure, so that's not without risk, too.