XAircraft SuperX coaxial X8?

atpfilms

I'm getting ready to do a coaxial build and wanted to try the SuperX. Can anyone comment on the SuperX in an X8? I seem to remember someone in these forums saying SuperX does not do coax well, but it is an option on the FC. Anyone flown or built one?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
From what I understood it didnt like the asymmetrical XY8 config but was ok with a Y6 or X8. Which is weird because they have their own model with asymmetrical arms.

skquad

I think the only asymmetrical frame they have is the xcope which is not designed for coax.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

atpfilms

Hmmm. OK. I'd rather not be breaking ground here in hopes the SuperX does do it. Still hoping someone out there has built one.

skquad

Hmmm. OK. I'd rather not be breaking ground here in hopes the SuperX does do it. Still hoping someone out there has built one.

I haven't built one but I have seen a few of them. The superx certainly does do X8.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I think the only asymmetrical frame they have is the xcope which is not designed for coax.

I realize that. The point is that if it can accommodate an asymmetrical quad I see no reason it wouldn't work with 8 motors since the other 4 are in the same location respectively.

atpfilms

ok, well its a done deal now. took the plunge. the FC is on back order though, so I won't see it for a couple of weeks. Plenty to do before then anyhow. :dejection:

octocine

I just built an X8 with Super X. It's my first coaxial, so not much to compare it to, but it's worked okay. I've got about twenty flights with it so far. The GPS works great and the return home works great, but I haven't been able to get it to fly as smooth as the Hoverfly, but with the cost of these things and cameras I'm really feeling the need for a reliable "return home" and failsafe RH. I'm still getting used to the throttle, but think in the end I'll like the center stick to hold height concept. It sure is easier to land smoothly. Be sure to get the calibrations done correctly. It's a little tricky for the first few times. Also be sure to calibrate your escs for your throttle throw. Have fun!

Sure hope it does do X8 well. My SuperX has just arrived for my new build. I am building a backup machine to my original Vulcan X8, the only differences will be the FC and the motors. SuperX vs. the WKM and Tiger U5's vs. Tiger 4014's (both 400kV). I was tempted to stick with another Wookong for the backup but thought I would try the SuperX. When all is up and running this should make a very interesting comparison.

Racerx1962

I have an Arris M680 quad I converted into an X8. The M680 performs very well with the SX... the only issue is in windy conditions when it gets a bit jerky. I've heard other pilots stating the same... they love the SX on a X8 until it gets windy. Considering that many pilots convert to an X8 because it handles wind better than a flat, XAircraft should update their algorithms for flying an X8 in wind. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of going coaxial.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Have you tried lowering the gains a bit? My X8 flies great in the wind, not jerky at all.