XAircraft Super X install problem

chad2323

Hello guys received my Super X today and having a few problems. Everything is installed have my Taranis setup correct when I plug the battery in I get a solid red light. If I move the flight control stick in the other two positions I can get it to go off but not getting no green light at all. I can arm the motors no problem there but can't do any calibration's because no green light shows. The manual says theres a problem with the controller when it's a solid red light but have no clue where do go from here. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Chet

Made a short video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34UaDdOMBcQ&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by a moderator:

chad2323

Still no go tried just about everything. Got a friends DX7 hooked his RX up and still no go. Then got a Castle Creations Bec still no go. On the lower Flight mode switch I get a solid red light if I flick the switch to the middle I get blinking red and same with the top position. I can arm the motors but don't get no green led at all haven't since I installed it so Am at the point where I tried everything so this unit must be bad.

Electro 2

Are you absolutely certain the throttle is reversed on the TX, and the flight mode switch positions ??? So far you only have used Spektrum and JR, both of which have reversed channel functions vs "normal" radios. Seems to me if the throttle is held high at FC boot, (low on the JR/Spek), you get a solid red light, too. My SX isn't hooked up right now so I can't check.

chad2323

Thank's Electro for the reply. Yea I have a frsky Taranis and went over to a friends and tried his DX7 and same thing. Funny thing is I'm able to arm the motors and throttle up and down but no blinking from the led. Sending it back today to getting a new one so will see.

chad2323

Have a question for you guys. I'm using the Sbus on my Taranis Frsky rx and I want to hook up my Tarot gimbal and use the tilt function but not sure how to go about this being I'm using sbus.Can I just hook it up to one of the regular channels on the RX? Or can I use M7 on the SuperX to control the Pitch?

Thank's

Last edited by a moderator:

rwilabee

You didn't mention how many channels your transmitter and receiver are but you can connect it to channel 8 if you have a channel 8 on the receiver. When running SBus A, E, T, & R pass channels 9 thru 12 if your transmitter and receiver support that many.

Rich

Have a question for you guys. I'm using the Sbus on my Taranis Frsky rx and I want to hook up my Tarot gimbal and use the tilt function but not sure how to go about this being I'm using sbus.Can I just hook it up to one of the regular channels on the RX? Or can I use M7 on the SuperX to control the Pitch?

Thank's

You can plug it into the 8th channel and it should work. If I recall correctly someone else had an issue where they also had to run a ground wire to that receiver to make it work so if just the signal wire doesn't work try the ground.

@chad2323

I had the same problem on my Hitec Aurora 9 receiver. After cursing the thing I found a YouTube video showing that ground needed to be connected along with the single wire. Once both those were connected everything worked like a charm.