Suggestions, Bugs, Problems, etc. 23Nov2014

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
width of the different page elements is something we're discussing but I can't promise an immediate change. I did eliminate a 30px padded area at the bottom of each message box so that tightened up the vertical layout of the message boxes.

Bartman

we've gone ahead and switched the site back to full responsive mode so it will adjust to whatever width your screen can accommodate. i'd like to hear everyone's feedback on this.
thanks,
bart

Gary Seven

Rocketman
@Bartman
Looks like the iPad display width issue has been fixed, however I'm having a more significant problem now on the iPad. Opening any thread, the first post initially displays, but as the graphic elements of the page are rendered, the first part of the first post are covered by the site display frame. As a consequence, I can't see the complete text of the first posts. And there's no quick work around that I can find.

Steve
I'm noticing the exact same behavior on my iPad 4. :(

TahoeTim

I noticed that the thread title is not shown in the thread. Many people put crucial data in their title. I have never seen a forum that didn't show the thread title in the thread.

Bartman

The thread title is in your browser tag and in the URL for the thread. I agree it would be nice to have it with the horizontal breadcrumbs at the top of each page. I'll have to see if there's a hack or addon to do that.

Bartman

I'm noticing the exact same behavior on my iPad 4. :(

One thing at a time guys....we've opened up the format again and I've pared down some of the elements that contribute to the vertical stacking of the content.

That all seems to be better so I'll get with our developer about the formatting errors being generated on the iPads and we'll see about that next. This site is built on very good software and when we start making too many tweaks we run the risk of breaking some of the things that should be happening automatically so we have to be careful about what we tweak and to what degree we tweak it.

Bart

janoots2

Lovin the new site so far! Favorites so far are:
* The main screen to feature threads
* The general responsiveness of the site
* The social media aspects are very cool - the like buttons too and trophies are sweet. I could see the trophies expanded at some point.
* The color scheme looks great

A few suggestions to consider:
* Change the post font to something cleaner than Times New Roman - they look too "documentish" - Arial seems to work nicely
* The two smaller ads on the title page sometimes stack/wrap - I'm sure this is a responsive issue - but maybe they could shrink instead of wrap
* I would still love to see a logo competition
* Maybe add a few (like 5) pixels buffer between the top of the post box and first line of text? The first line populates pretty close to the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Lovin the new site so far! Favorites so far are:
* The main screen to feature threads
* The general responsiveness of the site
* The social media aspects are very cool - the like buttons too and trophies are sweet. I could see the trophies expanded at some point.
* The color scheme looks great

A few suggestions to consider:
* Change the post font to something cleaner than Times New Roman - they look too "documentish" - Arial seems to work nicely
* The two smaller ads on the title page sometimes stack/wrap - I'm sure this is a responsive issue - but maybe they could shrink instead of wrap
* I would still love to see a logo competition
* Maybe add a few (like 5) pixels buffer between the top of the post box and first line of text? The first line populates pretty close to the top.

Thanks Janoots for the feedback and list of favs

the top line of each post was farther from the top of the container it's in but I tried to pack more stuff vertically so it's up where it is, i can stuff some space in there and open it back up a little
the small ads are what they are and we're still waiting to head back from the developer of the ad software about an issue we're having
a logo competition is something i want to do also, just need to get around to it when the site picks up again
it looks like you changed the font in your post? did you paste it into the text editor or use BB code to get Arial?

janoots2

I just changed it in the post font editor for a comparison to the other font as an example, thx!

Last edited by a moderator:

dazzab

Is there a way for me to reverse the order of the thread postings? Also, the email notifications I receive about threads I'm following don't contain the actual post like they did before, just the notification. I much prefer receiving the actual posted message in the notification.