Suggested Settings

Search49

Search49
I'm going to install 2 batteries on my 550. Both batteries are 11.1V 20C burst 3 cell. Using DJI Software I'm guessing my initial voltage setting would be 22.2, after that I'm lost. Anyone with a suggestion with the settings should be?

Thanks

Badfrog

You want to set them up in parallel... That way you stay at the same voltage, but double your amperage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hershey

Someday Finally Got Here
You have to be careful on pairing batteries so that you don't get double voltage....I'm thinking you want to keep the same voltage (so you don't fry esc's and motors). You want to add flight time with double amperage. The connection should be: + to + to +battery connection. Then, - to - to - battery connection. You keep the same voltage and double amperage. You initial voltage would remain 11.1.

Search49

Search49
So the intial voltage would be 11.1 - So when I setup in either the Naza or WK my voltage should be 11.1 and the first and second protection would basically be the same settings I already have.

hershey

Someday Finally Got Here
Yes, if your setting with one battery are working well, then you leave them as they are. Pairing batteries as I described above (parallel) only doubles the amount of amperage (longevity) of power and the actual voltage(s) remain the same.
If you wire two batteries in series, then the amperage remains the same but the voltage doubles. You don't want to double voltage because that would destroy your esc's. After hooking up your batteries to the adapter cable, please actually measure the voltage so you don't accidentally double the voltage.