Sub7kg for DSLR Wiltshire

rupP

Hi all, I've been toying with the idea of a UAV for some time now, I have been flying fpv mini quads for fun and it's now time to get serious. I have been soaking up as much information as possible but being green I'm finding the whole shebang to be quite bewildering.
I'm in search of a sub 7kg folding hex setup for flying a light dslr - probably a D5300.
I'm looking for capability with Autonomous waypoints for repeatable fixed point survey and experiments with photogrammetry. I figure that waypoint automation will massively increase productivity given the relatively short flight times.
Got quite excited at the release of the Align m690 as it looked very capable for my lifting needs but it can't operate a waypoint system thanks to inflexibility of the current APS-M. Rumoured Waypoint upgrades have not been heard of by uk importer and Align (Taiwan) don't bother replying to emails. So, short of replacing the FC, the M690 is out, shame as this would seem to be a very capable player in other respects.
Looks as though S900 will struggle to get sub 7kg with decent battery payload plus I don't like the apparent high cost/lowering quality/nonexistent backup approach of DJI- not that Align seem any better given my attempts to contact them.
The other option would seem to be the Tarot 960/810 using APM/Mission Planner but I'm very much open to advice and suggestions.
I would appreciate any links and/or advice on alternatives, gimbals and specifications for my needs and where to purchase an assembled machine at a reasonable price as I don't feel I know anywhere near enough to embark on a ground up build!
Would also appreciate contact with anyone flying a DSLR camera in Wiltshire or surrounding counties.
Thanks
Rup

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
I am in the same boat. 810 Sport plus Pixhawk seems a good move. How about UAV shop Vulcan Y6? Very good back up from UAV Shop.

hugh4g

I think waypoints are coming... I'm watching this one with interest... for similar reasons...

Hugh

rupP

I just can't wait for Align to bother replying to my emails so have done the deed and got a Tarot t810. Glad I did now, it's a beautifully crafted machine.
Wonder how many others will do the same?
Reckon Align are snowed under trying to sort the inevitable first round of teething problems with the M690, too busy to bother communicating with a potential future customer? Doesn't bode well IMHO!
R

Shelipso

I have a m690 and it is a hate and love game. I would not recommend it as a hassle free business oriented platform. Had to resolder the wires inside the gps puck to get it work. Wire connections are poor. The vibrations are also more than you would expect, certainly more than DJI s900 (perhaps because it is a significantly stiffer frame). My DSLR2 which was working really well on my old Mikrokopter Octo jitters like mad on this frame. On the bright side, it flies like a charm and yaw is the best I have seen so eventually when Align sorts out their s**t, it would be great for a single man machine. Will put a good post on my experience with this later on.

Last edited by a moderator: