sUAS Representation in the US

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Folks,

After giving this a lot of thought I've decided the MultiRotorForums.com will not endorse or specifically support any of the many groups that are trying to represent personal and/or commercial sUAS users.

We initially left the site open for anyone to advocate for any particular group and then took the position that we specifically supported the Small UAV Coalition but as I sit here I again realize that I just don't have the time to be an effective advocate and I think that the site is better off as a neutral party as the many groups jockey for your support.

I apologize for whatever false hope some of you might have felt as we set off to fall in line with efforts of the Small UAV Coalition but it became apparent after CES that it was going to be a full time effort to chase after all of the information and relationships that one would need to be an effective advocate for you guys. I will limit my role to helping to define what representation in the regulatory process should look like as opposed to groups that want to sell everyone with a heli their services and call it representation.

IMHO, to truly represent others you have to be selfless and bold, ready to sacrifice your own opportunities in order to achieve the group's goals. I wish I could do more to help but it's a commitment of time I just can't make right now.

Bart

Old Man

Bart,

It's a dauntless task. There are many, many groups working the playing field and unfortunately many of those are funneling all their energies torwards specific tasks and interests. I attended a meeting recently that alluded that from the FAA's perspective all of us down here in the modeling and multirotor worlds aren't being effectively represented, or heard, at all, and what is there is getting ignored to satisfy larger players.

BTW, that was not the meeting filmfly attended.