Stuck! New HDMI to AV Converter/Shutter not Shuttering

Received an HDMI to AV w/ Shutter from RangeVideo. Plugs into Nex5N with fiber optic cable to IR sensor and servo to RX. Well, I set up 3-way switch (SA) on Taranis, placed in middle position, powered TX then camera then RX and I'm getting a solid red LED on HDMI board, which is good. Also, the channel monitor shows the SA switch I set up on channel 9 is working (using SBUS for 1-8 on XR8 w/ Taranis and HDMI servo in position 1). But, nothing happens when I put the switch to up (led should flash 2x and take a pic every few secs), or down (video should initiate).

The fiber optic cable is correctly over the light diode and IR sensor. The RX has a green light. And, when I unplug the HDMI servo out of channel 1 the red LED blinks rapidly on the HDMI board so it is recognizing it in channel 1.

Also, tried many different things: tried a different switch, powered RX before camera, settings (HDMI = Auto, Drive Mode = Remote Cdr.)

Am I missing something? I think either the HDMI IR diode is bad or I'm forgetting a setting when setting up the switch or on the camera.

Did you setup Nex to work in remote menu.
Also I notice Nex got troubles focusing using IRDA "working best when You setup center area to focus in Nex"
Hope this help.