Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Strange oscillations

Discussion in 'Racer Technical Discussions' started by Garrett_Gti_Dan, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Garrett_Gti_Dan

Garrett_Gti_Dan Member

Feb 13, 2016
    North Barrington
    Posted by Garrett_Gti_Dan, Nov 5, 2017 #1
    Hi. I recently built a new racing quad and finally decided to fly it today, but it has severe oscillations(with all throttle values, the quad uncontrollably jerks around, somewhat high frequency, no pattern of occurrence) I have a 210 frame with a naze32 rev6(temporary until I figure out what is wrong with my sp f3), emax rs2205s 2300kv motors, emax bullet 30a escs, 5045x3 props, and a 4s 1500 mah 90c graphene battery. I also had to put an additional nut on the motors as the nuts that came with the motors would not hold the props down. I also should mention that my escs are compatible with dshot, but my temporary fc is not, so I used oneshot 125, also compatible with my escs. What can I do to fix this? Thanks

Tags:
  2. DroneTalk

DroneTalk R/C Expert Staff Member

Jul 8, 2015
    new jersey
    Posted by DroneTalk, Nov 5, 2017 #2
    Have you adjusted your PID's?

3. Garrett_Gti_Dan

Garrett_Gti_Dan Member

Feb 13, 2016
    North Barrington
    Posted by Garrett_Gti_Dan, Nov 5, 2017 #3
    No, I haven’t. I just set them to default, but I didn’t think that pids could cause that bad of an oscillation. I’ll try tuning my pids and hopefully can post a video soon. Thanks!

4. Garrett_Gti_Dan

Garrett_Gti_Dan Member

Feb 13, 2016
    North Barrington
    Posted by Garrett_Gti_Dan, Nov 5, 2017 #4
    Nope, I tried turning p down and d up, no substantial changes- however I will keep trying. Thanks for the advice. I’m sorry, but it won’t let me upload even a 3 second video

5. Garrett_Gti_Dan

Garrett_Gti_Dan Member

Feb 13, 2016
    North Barrington
    Posted by Garrett_Gti_Dan, Nov 5, 2017 #5
    Ok I turned the PIDs WAY down and that helped, so I just have to keep working with that, but it may also be balance. Sorry I didn’t realize earlier lol. Thanks!