Stability Problem F550 HELP

DJI F550
SunnySky 800 Kv
10 45 props
30 A ESC
Weight: +- 2700 G
Wookong System

Before, I had 920 Kv Motors that comes with the multirotor and 10 38 props and it was working PERFECLY (yoyo effect was less than 3 cm)
I decided to upgrade to sunnysky motors and 10 45 props and now, its less stable.
Yoyo effect (vertical +- 1.5m) and its moving even without wind in atti
I soldered my ESC and the Motors together.

What can it be?
Please help
sorry for bad english ;)

photobobga

Your battery selection could be the issue. With this configuration a 4s 6000mAMP (>) , 100c (>) battery would be my choice. Your gain selection is also critical. Can you elaborate... Prop selection is also important.... APC, carbon fiber, DJI....?

If you are not running 4s that might be the issue. That much weight and lowering the kv to 800's, you will need to run 4s. Also your gains will and have to be changed. Like others have asked please post your settings and the rest of the configurations like battery cell count.

Attachments

• 1463738_10152022392118672_1219248030_n.jpg
    1463738_10152022392118672_1219248030_n.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 294

By the look at the video I would say Vertical gain is kind of low, try 130(it's hunting). I would also lower your atti gains down to 90 and basic up to 165. That should give you a nice stable setup to start with and you can adjust from there.

What about the props? should I change them? 10 45 instead? 10 38?
What brand? Do you recommend a website for props?

What about ESC calibration? Thanks ;)

I will set your gains, try again, and upload a new video

What type of ESC are they? If stock dji then no need to worry about calibration. If not then you will have to hook them up directly to your rx and calibrate them to your radios throttle range. I have ran a setup almost identical to yours and I loved the graupner 10x5. I know they are pricy but they work very well with the sunnysky 800kv for that weight.

I wouldn't know I'm From the US. I do know gothelirc.com sells them and it looks like they do deliver to Canada it. But I would still check around and see if you could find them locally.
I find them to be the best overall prop..

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Still think the gains need increasing, the MR is sloppy which is normally a reaction from the lower KV motors. Increase your gains across the board by 10 to 20%, try again and see how she rolls, if you are wanting some Graupners, send me a PM and we can talk about shipping them to Canada for you....

There is an online hobby supplier near Winnipeg selling DJI products as well as Graupner propellers.... just can't recall the name of the business right now. I lost touch when they ran out of the Graupner props I was needing.

Is there a Canada reseller for graupner props?

tried again with new gain, played with them, works better, but it can still be improoved. Can the graupner props give me more stability?

"To answer the other question, I have DJI 30 A esc"

Still think the gains need increasing, the MR is sloppy which is normally a reaction from the lower KV motors. Increase your gains across the board by 10 to 20%, try again and see how she rolls, if you are wanting some Graupners, send me a PM and we can talk about shipping them to Canada for you....

I do tend to agree.. Up on basic and keep atti where I suggested, unless she is to sluggish for your liking. He is also pushing the limits on 800kv and 10" props. Almost 6 lbs, she is a big.

So, 10 inches is too much? How can I calculate myself what is the best with what I have? Personnal experience, a calculator? Formula? Please help

Tahoe Ed

You can use ecalc. Google it. It will allow you to check the effectiveness of your set up. I personally fly my F550 with DJI 10x3.8 props on 4S 4000mAh. I like them and also use them on my F450 with H3-2D, iOSD mini and video down link, my favorite A/P platform. When I get the E300 propulsion system, I am going to try the 9" props. I am not sure if they will be any better but it is worth a try. The esc's look interesting.

View attachment 15033

Can you help? Doesn't work when I use custom battery
(ThunderPower 5400 mah 25/50 c burst
14.8v
How do I find out battery's resistance?
What is "P" in the battery section (next to cells)

And I'm not sure how to select to good prop

Attachments

• 546028_10152023786518672_191478130_n.jpg
    546028_10152023786518672_191478130_n.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited by a moderator:

@juilien

This is your issue... You are pushing the limits on your current setup. The F550 will only allow you to run up to 10" props. The only prop that I have found to work on a 550 (6lb) w/ 800kv 2216 motors are the graupners 10x5. You could find a slow flyer prop but I think it might tax the motors to much. Just like you, I also fly in some cold temps, so you could probably get away with it until the warmer months.

I have a question can you fly in manual mode? We can do something to see if it is gains or just taxed out. If you can lift off in manual mode, see what percentage of throttle you hover at? This will tell us if it's a power issue or gain issue.

Last edited by a moderator: