Spektrum DX8

meriachee

I have a DX8 and a PixHawk.

The DX8 is set to "helicopter" at the moment, and I can find no correlation between its setup and the ability to set the channel outputs, nor what switches they reside on. Currently there is no output showing on the PixHawk for channel 8. I'd like to set channel 8 to the "gear" switch on the radio, with the CURRENT setup, so as to have a simple on/off switch, and then I can easily use the RC switch that I have to turn stuff on and off on the Tarot.

My question is this: is there not someplace a reasonably complete description of how to build a "profile" for these radios which allows access to the various registers? HH has a full load zip file of profiles, but that seems to be built by products, and not facilities. It strikes me as very odd that you'd have card slot in the radio, and no facility to do programming on the PC and upload it. It appears they went half way and fell off the truck.

Does anybody have any idea how to do this?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
If you press the scroll wheel while turning on you will get the system menu and you can assign switches and change to aircraft rather than helicopter there.

meriachee

Pressing the scroll wheel was one of the first things that got done. Then I went through every available option in every available screen, both in the configuration and outside of it, and referenced each and every one of them to the manual.
I tested changes against the initialization screen on the PixHawk looking for response to channel 8. I did this for at least 1/2 dozen configurations. Then I took the config files, loaded them up on the PC and evaluated the differences between the files I had touched, comparing the differences in the files to the originals, in what turned out to be a wasted attempt to understand what the configuration bits mean.
The bottom line is that without a detailed list, describing the interactions of the various registers in the config, it's going to be almost impossible to understand what they mean, or what they do.

Programming high end phone switches for a living helps me get past the "welcome" screen. What I do find is that unless there's some non-disclosure agreement been signed, or people just don't want to talk, then the conclusion must be that nobody really knows how to do this. The Horizon guys don't seem to, and none of the forums that I've posted the question on have been any help.

We have a radio here that has config files, and a method of loading and unloading them. It seems a perfect application for a PC based configurator, to set up a profile, and write the file to be uploaded to the radio. But there's the rub. Nobody is talking about what the registers mean.

Carapau

If you go to the System menu and I think it is switch asign then you can make the gear switch to channel 8 (aux 2). If Aux 2 is assigned to another location you have to disable this first. As for further programming, if you want to do that then you have to look at other radios Im afraid, Spektrum only use the SD card for model back ups, transferring and expansion.

meriachee

Nope.
The MP software will activate the channel, in the servo tab via the 3dr radio link.
The DX8 clearly shows the channel going high in the Radio tab.
The RCSwitch will not go active from the radio.

Carapau

Can you video the issue as this will help. Cant really follow what you are getting at.