Spektrum DX8, NAZA & Gentled IR shutter trigger set up

GentLED shutter trigger hook up w NAZA and DX8
HELP !

I've bought an GentLED IR shutter trigger for my Sony NEX I'm looking to fire the shutter via my a switch on my Spectrum DX8.

The wire connector on the end of the IR shutter trigger has a raised edge preventing my from plugging it directly into the AR8000 receiver (of the DX8. )

The IR shutter trigger will plug into the NAZA. The only open ports I have on NAZA are F1 and F2. In Naza assistant F1 and F2 are listed as gimbal controls.

Any help or advice in hooking up this shutter will be greatly appreciated.

This is the device I'm trying to make work: http://www.quadrocopter.com/gentLED-IR-Shutter-Cable-for-Sony_p_446.html

http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentled/Manual-gentled.pdf

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. Jim

johnthorn

Jim all you have to do is cut the tab off with a Stanley knife plug it into Aux3 on our R/x, assign a 3 pos switch to aux3 I used F/mode leave end points at 100% it works center is off, camera on side and video the other, set camera drive mode to remote

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
As above, just cut off the raised edge. You'll work out how to assign switches, it's a necessary skill to learn.

johnthorn

To set 3 pos switch see your manual, but it is in system setup menu : Switch Select, you should be able to do it from there. When you think its setup go to monitor and flick your switch and you will see if you have done it right

Thanks again for all the help.
Aux 3 was tied up with something else. I was able to figure out how to program a 3 pos switch in this case FN, to fire the gentLED shutter trigger on Aux 2. Moving it one way starts the NEX 6 shotting stills, about 1 every 4 seconds. I had hoped that moving the switch the other way would start a movie recording but thats not happening.

The NEX6 menu has an option to shut off the the movie button to prevent accidental record start but that is set to on.

Any further tips to get move REC to work will be greatly appreciated.

johnthorn

Hi well done so far, shouldn't the nex6 be set to off ? to prevent accidental video. If that is correctly set then go to monitor on your T/x look at Aux 2 find out which way sets camera and video then go to servo setup select travel/Aux2 put the switch in the position for video and increase the travel until the camera starts recording job done.

THanks for all the help Johthorn. So are you saying the Gentled IR shutter I have will not trigger video start/stop at all.... or the DX8 switch will not?

johnthorn

Jim if you read the online manual it says it only triggers the camera (photo) not video. ie its just a 2 position switch on/off. That's why I gave you a link to one I know does both.
John