SPEKTRUM AR7100R or AR8000

AlienNet

Hi all, im currently building a RCT800 and i have options for two receivers, SPEKTRUM AR7100R or AR8000 ( i have both) my TX is DX7s so 7ch is ok, i will also be using the Naza M Lite,i would like to hear which receiver is best.
Thanks.

AlienNet

Hi Buckers, thats some very interesting & useful info: it dont list my AR7100R so i think that i will use my AR8000 as i have one working fine on my DJi 550, Many Tnx:

buckers

Hi Buckers, thats some very interesting & useful info: it dont list my AR7100R so i think that i will use my AR8000 as i have one working fine on my DJi 550, Many Tnx:
No probs. It took me a while to find that out, but it was worth it. It's kicked in many a time and saved my quad!!

AlienNet

just carried out this process on both ar8000 and ar7000 (with Batt/Data on label) and it works Great, Thanks again Buckers i am sure this will save many members a headache or two..

buckers

just carried out this process on both ar8000 and ar7000 (with Batt/Data on label) and it works Great, Thanks again Buckers i am sure this will save many members a headache or two..

No probs. I have just learned that it can be done with other receivers too, that don't support the preset failsafe function, but to do it, you have to reprogram your TX into heli model, instead of an aero model, to give it the added Aux1 (pitch) function, which it what is used to drive the failsafe. I'm sticking with what I have at present!!

AlienNet

i have a brand new Spektrum AR7100R i was for selling or P/E for a AR7000 because i reckoned it would not work with Naza RTH, My Tranny is a DX7s, in Heli Mode, do you think that it would work ??

Last edited by a moderator:

buckers

i have a brand new Spektrum AR7100R i was for selling or P/E for a AR7000 because i reckoned it would not work with Naza RTH, My Tranny is a DX7s, in Heli Mode, do you think that it would work ??
Easiest thing is to try it, by setting it up with the preset failsafe method (if you can), then just test it with the naza assistant software.