Sorry More Questions... APC 15X4E anyone using them ???

roycruse

Hi - sorry for the barrage of questions (although it is a forum after all and I think thats the point of them)

Im bored waiting for things to arrive in the post so until then my brain is theorising rather than my hands building.

It seems from all my other questions that steep pitches are a no no...

So going to the opposite extreme is a really big and floaty 15X4 which is available from APC in electric and electric pusher an ideal prop.

according to ecalc my tiny 2836/12 motors can turn this prop and hover a 4kg Y6 with a total of 48amps - and flight time of 8 odd minutes with 4 x 3s 2100

cant find many mentions of props this big anywhere though.

???

roycruse

actually looking for info on any one using them and if so, with what motors or if there are reasons to avoid such large diameters in a multi rotor craft.

jes1111

Dirk is using them on his big-*** Droidworx-based heavy lifter: http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...Droidworx-airframe&p=9452&viewfull=1#post9452

I'm guessing, but I'd say you'll get a fairly unstable machine with small motors and those big props. Control relies on the motor accelerating and decelerating the prop (in the blink of an eye) in order to vary thrust on each "corner". Small motors have low torque, so they may struggle to do their job against that much resistance/inertia. Worth a punt, though :)

fred_fr

we plan to build an hexacopter with 15x4 APC and motor MK3638.

you have some message in the french mikrokopter forum.