Sony Nex-5r and Nex-6 remote setting apps?

europe

Hi,
anybody that knows of an iOS app where you can change settings on your cam such as shutter/aperture/photo mode etc. from your iPhone using the wifi connection? Maybe even control the power zoom (16-50 pancake)?

All I've found are too simple and only provide live view and remote "take picture".

Cheers!

europe

Ok, that explains why. Thanks for your info. I registered and requested (wished for) a new app that could control both mode settings and the power zoom. Excited to see if/when such an app is released.

Are you using this while on the airframe?

I hope you're using 5ghz..a wifi transmitter than close to the rx will mash all over the normal 2.4 signal.

europe

Hi,
I believe wifi is only applicable for Nex-5r and Nex-6 but I might be wrong?

Still haven't done any testing with this link to verify whether the 2.4 GHz RC is having trouble. I will for sure test this thoroughly in order to avoid surprises during flight.:livid: I am using a standard DX-8 with satellite receiver. Video downlink is 1.2GHz and ground station to my flight monitor uses 5.8GHz.

So far I have downloaded Sony's Remote Control app together with the pro bracketing app. This gives me live video on my IPhone and the opportunety to fire three individual shots with different settings for focus/aperture/shutter. Nice, but not optimal. Still waiting for a more advanced settings app.

Cheers!

Kilby

Wow, I hadn't heard about the API. Thanks for the info. I might have to build an iOS 7 app to control Sony Cameras.

New Sony APP has been published:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/smart-remote-control-for-the-nex-5r-5t-and-6-gets-updated/

Added the following setting capabilities and made the app more useful for macro and portrait shooting.
•Added touch AF capability from smartphones and tablets for more intuitive operation.
•Able to change values for EV compensation as well as for the aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and white balance. Perfect for people who are particular about their shots.
•Supports MF Assist,*1 a useful function when focusing manually. The larger monitor on a tablet or smartphone makes it easier to fine-tune the focus than on the camera’s monitor, which is a great help for macro and portrait shots.
• You can check the focus of your shot immediately on your smartphone or tablet by magnifying the recorded image.