Sony alpha/ nex cameras camera use Help! Easy for you gurus

Since I have moved away from the Go pro 3+ platform I started to try reading on how many do the FPV from the camera as well as use Camera control. I just purchased a Alpha 6k. Nice camera takes great photos on the ground.

So I found a Micro HDMI to full size HDMI then found a AV converter to sent it to my old immersion 5.8 @ 600mw transmiter...so far this seems easy.

http://www.helipal.com/hdmi-to-av-converter-for-fpv-system.html

The next step is how do you ADD camera control and does it go through the micro HDMI as well or the other port.

I see the Gentles controller for Zoom/ start stop for the sony is:

181 gentWIRE-MULTI

How do you guys do both. It looks like the Gent is off a micro HDMI as well. I cannot find anything so far that kind of explains this.

Thanks!

-Cody

gentled

Who knows Sony's rationale, but here's my take:
They need to save real-estate on the ever smaller cameras so they invented the "MULTI" port to do all those occasionally used things. This works great until you want to do 2 together, or the technology changes.

The MULTI port allows you to plug in a USB cable as well as cables for charging, remote control and analogue video output. Throw into the mix that there are up to 4 different "protocols" for remote control, including LANC and the new Sony control protocol. However NOT ALL features are available on all cameras, so for example newer cameras don't implement LANC which is a shame since it has a lovely proportional zoom and analogue video output.

Finally a electronic "switch" on the cables tells the camera what lead you inserted, basically this means the video output (if present) is only switched on when the video cable is used. Even if you could source a cable that has the correct pins wired up you cant switch to video AND new Sony MULTI remote protocol simultaneously.

As this develops there are dozens of options about what cameras support what accesssories and therefore what can be achieved for your application in remote photography. To try and help we maintain a database of cameras and remote capabilities. Enter your details into the big blue box on our home-page to find a solution for your camera:

www.gentles.ltd.uk