Hoverfly Something fell off my HFP...

After a FPV crash a few weeks ago a small piece was loose on the HFP.

I resoldered it on.. It is a small round can looking thing on the front right side of the board.

I brought this little beater gopro only quad as a back up and for risky flights

Just finished a shoot and after alot of traveling and a flip in a heavy wind gust
the little can thing fell off the board.

I have no idea what it does. Is it essental to flight?

Have yet to try a flight with out it.

Thanks for any info.

cheers
Huck

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
Have a picture of the board sans "can"? It's probably a capacitor. If it is, you should be able to replace it with a similar valued one. I would image it's required for good flight performance. I'm assuming its a filtering cap. (George?)

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 242
  • HFP thingy.jpg
    HFP thingy.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 296

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
That is part of the onboard power filter. If it's damaged it could be the cause of your flip. You may want to use an LC filter from dpcav.com on the HoverflyPro's power input if that part is damaged.

yea its that thing!

I crashed flying FPV a while back and one side of it broke loose. I resoldered on but its such a small point that I wasn't sure if i did a very good job.

I did fly it yesteday for a moment. It armed flew fine. Landed unarmed the board and it started recycling on its own. Unpluged the battery and I could not get it to start up again.

Would It be possible to send it in for a repair?

Cheers
Mike
Cloud Level Media.

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
Best thing to do is fill out a support request. http://hoverflytech.zendesk.com

yea its that thing!

I crashed flying FPV a while back and one side of it broke loose. I resoldered on but its such a small point that I wasn't sure if i did a very good job.

I did fly it yesteday for a moment. It armed flew fine. Landed unarmed the board and it started recycling on its own. Unpluged the battery and I could not get it to start up again.

Would It be possible to send it in for a repair?

Cheers
Mike
Cloud Level Media.