XAircraft Solid yellow light when set in GPS mode.

Hi Everyone. I finally got my x650 and its great I love it :). I went on Drew's site and did the calibration and everything went fine but when I power it back up in GPS mode it's a solid yellow light. I switch it in Att mode and back something. Please help!!!
Thank you
Franktv415

Hey there FrankTV.

Quick question: did you upgrade the superX to the latest firmware (1.07)?

I did, and while I didn't experience what you're seeing there is reference to a solid yellow indicator in the 1.07 release notes:
4. The processing to magnetic interference under GPS ATT mode
a. Ferromagnetic interference, LED flashes red, copter cannot be armed.
b. Weak magnetic interference, LED in solid yellow. Copter still can fly in a transiently interference, but SuperX works under ATT mode instead. If the interference is continuous, we suggest to land the copter. If there is interference before take-off, motor can’t start under GPS ATT mode.

Not sure if this is relevant, but thought I'd share.

Zirt57

I had the same problem with two of my SuperX units. There are three possible solutions.

First is to try to calibrate the compass. Watch both Drew's video on this and Abin's. Drew explains the process but I think he misses something, you keep turning your unit until you see a double green flash before moving on to the next step. You will notice in Abin's video (but he is speaking in Chinese) that he is turning the unit several turns before moving on to the next step.

Second is to try to reflash to version 1.07. This worked on one of my units.

The third solution is a total reset of your unit. I will only explain how to do this if the other two don't work. This is because a total reset can damage your unit if not done exactly right.

Jeff

Thanks for the Help Guys i got it to finally work!!! What i did is re flashed the firmware and then re calibrated the Gps a couple times and now it works.. :). thanks again for the input and help....
franktv415

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Frank

When the Yellow light shows up it usually is an issue with your compass calibration. Recalibrating will almost always solve it. Only other time it will come on is if there is a lot of magnetic interference. Glad to hear you got it working!

I had the same problem with two of my SuperX units. There are three possible solutions.

First is to try to calibrate the compass. Watch both Drew's video on this and Abin's. Drew explains the process but I think he misses something, you keep turning your unit until you see a double green flash before moving on to the next step. You will notice in Abin's video (but he is speaking in Chinese) that he is turning the unit several turns before moving on to the next step.

Second is to try to reflash to version 1.07. This worked on one of my units.

The third solution is a total reset of your unit. I will only explain how to do this if the other two don't work. This is because a total reset can damage your unit if not done exactly right.

Jeff

Hey Jeff

You are right, I did not turn it right in the video. Don't know how I didn't catch that, but I will correct it and upload a new one today! Luckily it took, but it is not the exact way spelled out in the manual!

Drew