solar panelled quadcopter

david

Hi All,
I'm new and trying to get information on all aspects of the quadcopter and its components. I have a question can a solar panel provide sufficient amount of power to get the quad flying and has anyone tried it/ can it be done?
Thank you

Any panel with enough power for a multirotor would probably weigh more than the vehicle itself and be very cumbersome. That being said your post reminded me of this guy....
.He is flying a large fixed wing UAV and using solar power to supplement his batteries giving him remarkable range.

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
A solar powerd fixed wing aircraft is one thing. A lot of wing area exposed to solar radiation and only a small amount of power to distinguish it from a glider. A solar powerd rotorcraft is something completly different.

TechBill

I believe the nanosolar which have a higher output efficiency, lightweight and flexible become widely available, it possible get longer flight time from nanosolar feeding to a MR battery giving it an extra time before it exhausted but I doubt we will ever see a MR run entirely off solar alone without a battery.

This new nanosolar is being test right now and I believe it not too far off before it become available to public. It come in a roll of sheet and you can basically apply it on anything.

Bill