Aeronavics / Droidworx Sky jib v1 or Y6

Hi all,

I am about to start a build thread in the appropriate section, however I would like your opinions to help me decide on the best option for me.

As it stands I have the opportunity to build either a skyjib v1 or a y6 of similar age, both unused and suit my budget as bare frames.

I would be using it for gopro filiming to start with then buying a gimble at a later date for either medium dlsr or a dedicated hd camera.

So apart from the size difference what other pro's and con's are there in the above airframes.

I like them both but I'm aware the y6 is a more practical airframe.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
Hi Jim,

I would go for the Y6 personally Flat 8 SkyJib v1 is a bit of a beast and I prefer coax's

Steve

Hi all,

I am about to start a build thread in the appropriate section, however I would like your opinions to help me decide on the best option for me.

As it stands I have the opportunity to build either a skyjib v1 or a y6 of similar age, both unused and suit my budget as bare frames.

I would be using it for gopro filiming to start with then buying a gimble at a later date for either medium dlsr or a dedicated hd camera.

So apart from the size difference what other pro's and con's are there in the above airframes.

I like them both but I'm aware the y6 is a more practical airframe.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Efliernz

Pete
I just love my Y6 configuration. Easy on the orientation - and worth it for a small efficiency penalty. They also handle the wind better than a flat 6 (although my VM6 rocks).

I'm building my 4th Y6 now, the latest will replace the flat 6. Arms fold for transport, orientation is so easy, it even folds up if you hit the ground too fast! Nuff said!

Pete

Last edited by a moderator: