Sky Hero Spyder 850 build.

mangoats

So...... I went out in a lot of wind to see how the system performed. Quite well! Watch the trees near the end of the video while I'm decending.

I also made so simple changes on the GoPro.

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

mangoats

It was actually fairly windy, go to 5:40 and watch the trees in the left side. The wind was gusting at about 10 to 15 MPH.

Thanks for all the complements!

Thanks,
Chris

mangoats

My plan now is to start researching a very good ground stations. I would love to hears others suggestions on this subject. I probably won't start building it for 2 or 3 months, need to watch funds right now.

Let's hear you thought on ground station set ups.

Thanks,
Chris

mangoats

I wanted to get out today and try flying in some areas that I was not really used to. Plus, I just wanted to go fly my Sky-Hero and get some more video.

The actual footage is not that great, the goal was to start getting used to flying outside my safety zone.
The video does not do justice for how high the location is that I'm flying at. When I climbed up on the stump, I actually got sick to my stomach.

At the beginning of the video after you see me climb onto the stump, you'll see the Sky-Hero pause and back up. I was debating whether I should go way out or not. I told myself "this is what you came to do".

I need to do some tuning for Yaw on the Naza-M.

Remember the goal was not the video, but to get used to these types of spots to fly.

I'm going to try and get out more to these locations and get used to this type of flying. When I get my ground station, it will help out greatly.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CxNnZ7yvaI

mangoats

Okay,

This one actually impressed me, thought the video would be a lot worse from all the wind.

I made several passes to try and get some good footage. I was really impressed how much good footage there actually was. If I cut up the video, it could be real nice.

The bummer is, I actually shot 2 videos. The second location was much better for view and wind. I must not have hit record when I started flying. I was super bummed when I got home only to see 1 video on the mini-SD card.

All the means is I get to make another trip up there sometime soon to get the second video.

Enjoy!

Thanks,
Chris

Cheshirecat

Looking good.
What is the diameter of that power distribution board in the pictures, i want to find out if i would get a Herkules III in one of these frames. I had visualized doing the same as you (Power downstairs and Flight control up top)

maxwelltub

Cheshirecat, that's the gryphon dynamics board so you can look up the exact specs. I think you could fit a Herk with the smaller heat sink plate. But that's just my guess.

Cheshirecat

Yeah the Gryphon Dynamics web site don't seem to be working so well, been getting 403 forbidden errors for ages and Sky Hero seem to have an aversion to answering e-mails.
Ho Hum !

Braunfelt

It was actually fairly windy, go to 5:40 and watch the trees in the left side. The wind was gusting at about 10 to 15 MPH.

Thanks for all the complements!

Thanks,
Chris

If you have the x8 you can fly in 30kmh(18MPH) I have flown on some pretty crazy days for testing. I do recommend that you have a good IMU system though.