Single Op Radio Set up using 8FG tx and R6208SB rx, S800 and Zenmuse

Mike Fortin

Hi Guys,came upon your thread and was hoping to get some info.

I am trying to run the Zenmuse Z15 as a single op on the Futaba 8FG, is this even possible? if not I have a spare DX8 laying around that I could use for the gimbal specifically, would this work and if so does anyone have info on how to hook this up?

Thank you.

You did not provide the name of the flight controller...... that might help.
With the DJI A2 having 14 available channels there would be no issues.
With the WooKong limited to 8 channels I believe it is still possible.

SkyKapture

-:: Travel Addict ::-
View attachment 17642

Big thanks to ChrisViperM for his help setting this up. For anyone that is interested, here's how I finally got my TX setup to run as 1 Pilot, easily switchable to 2 Pilot when necessary.

My setup:
DJI S800 / Wookong / Zenmuse (GH2) / Futaba T8FG Super. Receivers - Futaba R6208SB for the Wookong & FrSky TFR8S for the Zenmuse. Both receivers bound to the TX in Multi2. When I transport my S800, I only detach 4 cables to separate the body from the landing gear/zen.
1. IMU to MC (IMU is on the LG frame)
2. Zen gimbal power XT60
3. Canbus from iOSD to GPS on top of main body
4. Receiver cable into LG

To switch to 2 pilot operation, all that is necessary is to bind the FrSky rx to a different TX. Then bind it back when you want to return to 1 pilot ops again.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 1PilotMap.jpg
    1PilotMap.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 331

Mike,
if u are talking of only operating just Z15, then all u need is 7 channels... however if u have 8 ch Tx that is great cause u can then use all the 8 channels for Z15 that give u control over everything.
And for two pilot operation to one or one pilot operation to two, its always about refunding the Z15 Rx again and again....
THAT WAS ON THING I LIKED ABOUT RADIANS......however it was meant for servo operated gimbals.... all one had to do was attach a Sat Rx to the first Radian.......
no need for rebinding etc etc.... the system worked on one pilot, and if u ever switched on the second pilot Tx, the Radian would recognise it and immediately start operating the Gimbal with second Tx. Just loved it...
Now off course i am totally on Jeti DS16, and just love it.... and use my old JR DSMX 11 for the Z15.
but now with brushless gimbals, this facility does not seem to be there at all... sadly.