XAircraft Should I reused an FC that was involved in a violent crash?

traxx2003

Fltundra could you explain what this @Heading & Terrestial Magnetism means? What does it mean that this two graphs became separated at the end, before the crash? And how does that relate to GPS performance?

fltundra

Blue line is the yaw angle of the FC. Red line compass heading from the GPS puck.
When the lines start to separate, is when puck went one direction, multi went the other.

Attachments

• XAircraft_Black_Box_and_Flight_Report_Guide.pdf
    579.9 KB · Views: 382

traxx2003

So this means that SuperX regardless of the flight mode (GPS or Attitude ) still needs a functioning GPS antenna connected to the I/O unit in order to maintain controlled flight correct?

traxx2003

If that's the case then the fact I lost GPS accuracy or the pug for that matter wouldn't have made a difference because when I noticed that something was wrong I already was flying in attitude mode then I switched to GPS while trying to save the quad.

fltundra

If that's the case then the fact I lost GPS accuracy or the pug for that matter wouldn't have made a difference because when I noticed that something was wrong I already was flying in attitude mode then I switched to GPS while trying to save the quad.
I was trying to explain to you when the GPS was severed, the wires fray very easily and i would bet they shorted and that's why you lost control.
Maybe the puck slammed into one of the props is another possibility.
Get another gps puck connect it up see if it works. Unless you beat them with a hammer the FC and the IO are probably fine.

traxx2003

Yeah that's my plan, but it will not be right away since I'm in the middle of a miniquad build. cnchelipoters.com has a refurb antenna for $140 I think.