Shopping tips for LIPO's and a Charger

DLien

I am looking for some tips on lipo’s and balance charging. I have been flying a single 4S 5000mAh 65C battery for the past 4 months or so. I am getting decent flight times with this battery. I bought this when I was a fresh green noob and have always wondered if there is something better out there. I am getting to a point where I need 2 or 3 more batteries and am looking for a good quality product at a reasonable price.

I have been using a Dynamite Passport for charging. I know I need to replace this unit because I have no idea how much energy I am putting back into the battery. All I currently do is connect it to the charger and push the button to start charging process and then just wait.

The only rules for recommendations are that I am only looking for 4S lipo’s. In terms of charging, it would in very nice to charge 2 (or more) batteries at a time.

Torque66

I use the T610 it's a 10 amp charger.... picked it up at hobbypartz on sale for $50.... nice all metal charger has storage/discharge/fast charge/balance function .

Been charging 4S 4000-4500mah batts in the field one right after the other in 35C temps and the charger preforms flawlessly... @ 10 amps it takes aboot 6 mins for every 1000mah back into the batt.

You'll need an AC power supply for a good charger... and you'll probably want a 20 amp charger if your going to parallel charge two 4S 5000mah batts... @ 10 amps you're looking at aboot 40-45 minutes to charge two 4S 5000's... takes about 34 mins for two 4500's.

As for batts i had genace and then bought some zippy compacts.... i luv the zippy's they're lighter cheaper ( check it ) and perform the same as the genace did.... i actually sold the gens. Over 100 cycles and still like the day i bought them.

Just my experience...